For students to improve their English and transition into a Bachelors degree program
Students with lower English skills who wish to enter a US university may apply for conditional admittance and enter the Pathway Program. Many will complete their degree in the same amount of time it takes for native English speakers to complete their degree.
Depending on the language level, students will start out in the Intensive or Academic English Program and transfer into their degree program within one or more semesters.
Undergraduate Pathway students complete their English preparation while taking academic content courses and earning university credit. Many Pathway students will enter the undergraduate program as second-year students. It is possible for a Pathway Student to complete their undergraduate degree in four years.
Undergraduate Pathway Program
English Exam Score is... Student will study in an English Program for...
- Below 55 (5.4 IELTS) | 3 semesters (1 Year) or more, depending on ability
- 56 - 67ibT (5.5 IELTS) | 2 Semesters (8 months) in the Academic English Program
- 68 - 78ibT (6.0 IELTS) | 1 Semester (4 months) in the Academic English Program
- (6.5+IELTS) | The student will be admitted directly into the degree program.
To Apply for Undergraduate Pathway Program
- Transcripts from secondary school
- TOEFL/IELTS score. Students who do not submit a test score will be enrolled in the Intensive English Program.
- Must have completed secondary school
- Copy of Passport
- Financial Certification
- Essay/writing sample
About the School
Saint Michael’s College, founded in 1904, delivers a compelling, world-class liberal arts education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships ... Read More