Undergraduate Pathway in Media and Games Technologies
Students can enter at Stage 1 (University Foundation) and are guaranteed progression to the first year of a relevant degree, providing that progression criteria are met. Stage 1 takes place in ICP using dedicated lecturers and benefits from small class sizes.
Pathways at the University of Portsmouth
Stage 1: University Foundation
ICP at the University of Portsmouth.
- ICT Skills
- New Media and Digital Culture
- Programming Concepts
- Business Studies
- Research Methods, Critical Thinking & Expression
- Design Concepts
- Maths for Science and Computing
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication 3
Degree awards from the University of Portsmouth
- BSc (Hons) Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology
- BSc (Hons) Digital Media
- BA (Hons) Media Studies
- BA (Hons) Media and Digital Practice
- BSc (Hons) Television and Broadcasting
*Stated University of Portsmouth fees are a guide only and are subject to change. For the most up to date fee listings please visit port.ac.uk/fees. All ICP course fees may be subject to review. Current fees are listed at port.ac.uk/icp.
- Account Manager/Director
- Film/TV production
- Graphics and Digital Graphic Designer
- Knowledge Media Construction and Management
- Multimedia Production
- Production Designer
- Web Design and Multimedia Delivery
The University of Portsmouth has a strong identity in the creative technology arena. The University of Portsmouth's staff come from a variety of sectors within an industry, including games and mobile phone application development, web application, video production, editing, music and sound technology. The University of Portsmouth has strong links with industry, keeping studies completely up-to-date with current practices and advances, and providing the essential commercial experience required by today's employers.
The quality of the University's graduates in Creative Technologies has helped develop close links with many of the University's industrial partners; Autodesk, Sony, Virtalis, Endorphin, EA Games, IBM, Pivotal Games, Climax and Avid. Many of these companies offer generous prizes to the award-winning graduate students.
Many of these pathways allow you to explore and develop your own talents and abilities. You will have the opportunity to acquire skills in graphics and animation, computing, sound recording, project management and business. This will give you a vocationally and practically-oriented education supported by appropriate theoretical understanding.
- The BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology is specifically focused on enabling you to gain the skills that are required by game developers, especially for console and PC game development. However, it will also teach you to use game technologies, which can be used in other areas such as web design, TV and film.
- 2 possible start dates (September, January).
About the School
Founded in 2009, ICP is an Associate College of the University of Portsmouth, offering students a modern and dynamic educational experience. The College provides educational pathways to a broad range ... Read More