Bell offers two University Foundation Programme options – a full academic year programme, starting in September and an intensive programme starting in January – to help you gain entry to a university. The course includes general and academic English language tuition including IELTS preparation, study skills development and subject tuition in English. You will also receive independent advice on universities and courses, help with completing your application form and writing your personal statement.
On successful completion of this course, our partner universities offer entry to an undergraduate degree course, subject to admissions criteria.
Our full academic year programme provides a comprehensive introduction to academic study in English, preparing you for every aspect of university life and allowing you plenty of time to explore university options. Students on this course have a choice of nine different subject modules, which offer a practical foundation to a wide range of university courses. You will also develop a wide range of independent learning skills from IELTS preparation and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to academic study techniques and receive an introduction to Life in Britain. Class work is complemented by lots of individual support from learning tutorials to individual advice on university applications.
Bell's University Foundation Programme focuses on three specific areas of learning:
English language tuition
- Language development: reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, grammar and academic vocabulary.
- IELTS preparation: one IELTS exam fee is included in your course. We will arrange for you to sit the exam at the end of your course.
- Weekly university-style lectures: on a variety of interesting topics.
- Study skills: Develop essential skills for university study such as note-taking, summarising, oral presentations, research strategies, essay and report-writing and exam preparation techniques.
- Information technology: Develop essential computer skills for studying at university, including word processing, managing spreadsheets and databases and creating presentations.
Each student chooses three subject modules to study in English. These modules will develop your subject vocabulary and academic skills.
University Foundation Programme assessment
Your progress is continually assessed through written and oral coursework assignments as well as examinations. Your final grade will be based on your marks in all of your course modules. After successfully completing the course, you will receive:
- The Bell Foundation Certificate, recognised by universities across the UK
- End of course report
- Record of marks
This school offers programs in: