Why study this pathway programme?
- The School of Media’s facilities are used by the industry as well as Media students! The School’s permanent green screen studio is one of the largest in the UK.
- As a Media student, you will have the opportunity to complete at least two industry placements!
- Many courses have been accredited by ScreenSkills – the government's skills sector council for audio, visual and creative industries.
No portfolio required!
Birmingham School of Media Graduate Showreel 2018 from Navitas on Vimeo.
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Extended Media Experimentation
- Information Research, Recording and Responding In Art & Design
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication & Preparation and Progression in Art and Design
- Knowledge & Understanding Of Creative Practice In Art & Design
- Media Experimentation in Art and Design
- Personal Combined Experimental Studies In Art & Design
Stage 2: First Year Degree
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- BSc (Hons) Video Game Development
- BA (Hons) Media and Communication
- BA (Hons) Music Industries
- BA (Hons) Public Relations and Media
- BA (Hons) Media Production
All students accessing the 3D workshops, plaster room, glass room, water-jet cutting room and the kiln room will need to wear safety footwear that has toe caps. Such footwear can be purchased from any safety footwear provider – including Sports Direct – and can be as cheap as £12. The shoes should be S1P and comply with EN 20345.
There is no long-term storage facility for personal items in the workshops, so students are advised to bring the safety footwear with them each day they are accessing the workshops.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More