Why study this pathway programme?
- The University has its own in-house, student-run marketing agency, where you can sharpen your skills by working on real briefs from leading businesses.
- Degrees are recognised and aligned with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), ensuring fresh and relevant content full of industry insight.
- You have the opportunity to specialise after your First Year, depending on where you’d like your career to take you – Advertising and Public Relations, Consumer Psychology, Digital, Retailing or Professional Practice.
My marketing placement at Edgbaston Cricket Ground - Shauna's story from Navitas on Vimeo.
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication*
- Business Studies*
- Critical Thinking
- Composition and Style*
- Business Mathematics*
- ICT Skills
*Modules covered in the one-semester variant
Stage 2: First Year Degree
- Business Foundations
- Marketing Foundations
- Professional Development
- Consumer Psychology
- Introduction to Creative Concepts and Design
- Business Environment
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Marketing (Advertising and Public Relations)
- BA (Hons) Marketing (Consumer Psychology)
- BA (Hons) Marketing (Digital)
- BA (Hons) Marketing (Retailing)
- BA (Hons) Marketing (Professional Practice)
Special entry requirements
For the First Year, students must have a Mathematics qualification equal to GCSE Grade C/4 (or equivalent in a different qualification).
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More