Swansea is the only University in the UK to offer the unique BA Honours English - Chinese Translation and Interpreting programme to students with a native or near-native command of Chinese Mandarin, plus a high level of competence in English as a foreign language.
The College, Swansea University provides teaching in smaller groups, with a personalised and supportive educational philosophy that encourages students to reach their maximum academic potential. All courses are available with a choice of start dates and durations, depending on your qualifications and English Language proficiency.
When you study in The College, Swansea University, you are a full student of the University from the start of your course.
University foundation modules
- Welfare Across the Globe
- Composition and Style
- Introduction to Constitutional Principals
- Critical Thinking
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Mass Communication
- Principles of ICT
First-year degree modules
- 120 Credits of Level 1 Swansea University modules in your chosen subject.
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communications (ILSC) (worth 20 credits)
- Academic Support (Tutorial Classes)
- Composition and Style
The following durations and start dates are available, depending on your IELTS Score.
- Two semesters: September or January start.
First Year Degree
- Two semesters: September start.
There are both English Language and Academic Entry Requirements for Foundation and First Year study.
You can be admitted directly to First Year if your academic qualifications do not require a Foundation stage of study. For details please refer to our Admission Requirements by Country document.
If you do not meet the English Language requirement for direct entry to your chosen pathway, you can receive the required amount of English Language tuition at Swansea University to prepare you for successful entry into your chosen programme at a later date.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online form.
Before you submit your application, please make sure that:
- You know which course you want to study and which date you want to start.
- You have electronic copies of your academic transcripts, which you will need to attach to your online application. Please note: the limit for all attachments is 25MB.
- Alternatively, you can download the Application Form in PDF format, fill in and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the necessary documents.
Please note: If you are a citizen/permanent resident of the United Kingdom and have not lived outside of the UK for at least three years, you may not be eligible to apply via The College, Swansea University. Admissions staff will review your application and get in touch to advise you.
Annual tuition fees for entry in the academic year 2019/20 are as follows:
|University Foundation||£13,950 (2 Semesters)
£13,950 (3 Semesters - November Intake)
|First Year Degree||£13,950|
|Second Year Degree||£14,500|
|Final Year Degree||£14,500|
Recommended textbooks for this course are available in the University libraries, but you may choose to purchase personal copies. All software needed for the course is available on the University network for use within University computer rooms. Free wireless internet access is available across the whole of the University campus, including halls of residence. Personal costs such as the purchase of stationery, photocopying costs, parking fees or travel between the campuses are not included in your tuition fees.
TESOL and English: There is an additional cost of £140 for the CELTA module if chosen.
There are additional costs for study abroad if chosen.
Successful completion of this pathway will lead to the award of one of the following from Swansea University:
- BA (Hons) English to Chinese Translation and Interpreting
- BA (Hons) TESOL and English Language
About the School
We provide undergraduate and postgraduate pathways at Swansea University, which is in the UK top 30 in the prestigious Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. Have a look at our programmes ... Read More