Why study this pathway programme?
- Cutting-edge facilities are housed in a purpose-built Media Centre - featuring a green screen studio, four TV studios, six radio studios and a post-production suite!
- Students are encouraged to engage with the industry by securing work placements and working on commercial productions within the University.
- Previous students have obtained placements with companies including Disney, IBM and Philips Acoustics.
Arondeep Randhawa, Film Production Technology graduate from Birmingham City University from Navitas on Vimeo.
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Numerical Techniques 1
- Numerical Techniques 2
- Physics 1
- ICT Skills
- Design Concepts
- Programming Techniques
- Business Studies
Stage 2: First Year Degree
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- BSc (Hons) Film Production Technology
- BSc (Hons) Visual Effects
- BSc (Hons) Sound Engineering and Production
- BSc (Hons) Music Technology
Special entry requirements
- Students must have a Mathematics qualification at GCSE-level or equivalent with a Grade C/4.
- BSc (Hons) Music Technology: students must have GCSE Music at grade 4 (C) or above, Music Theory grade 5, or proficiency of performance on one instrument equivalent to ABRSM or RockSchool Grade 5.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More