Why study this pathway programme?
- You will be learning at the heart of a city that employs over 100,000 people in the engineering industry.
- The University takes part in TechFest and the annual Formula Student event run by IMechE at Silverstone, giving you lots of opportunity to network and build your professional profile.
- Previous University students have obtained placements with companies including BMW, Renault Sport Racing and Jaguar Land Rover.
Engineers without Borders - mechanical engineering students at Birmingham City University from Navitas on Vimeo.
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Design Concepts
- ICT skills
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Numerical Techniques 1
- Numerical Techniques 2
- Physics 1
- Physics 2
- Programming Techniques
Stage 2: First Year Degree
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- MEng Automotive Engineering*
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- MEng Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- MEng Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Mechanical Engineering*
Special entry requirements
- For Foundation, students must have a Mathematics AND a Science-related qualification at GCSE-level or equivalent with a Grade C/4.
- For the First Year, students must have Mathematics at A-level (or equivalent in a different qualification) with a minimum of Grade C.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More