Why study this pathway programme?
- 97% of the University’s Built Environment graduates are in employment or further study within six months (DLHE Survey 2016/17).
- The University’s School of Engineering and the Built Environment has received professional recognition from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- With Birmingham undergoing significant urban regeneration – including the HS2 high-speed rail development right outside the campus – this is an exciting time to study this subject with us!
Birmingham City University is #11 for Building and town and country planning (The Guardian, 2018)
Our students’ take on the built environment courses at Birmingham City University from Navitas on Vimeo.
Stage 1: University Foundation
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Numerical Techniques 1
- Numerical Techniques 2
- Physics 1
- ICT Skills
- Design Concepts
- Programming Techniques
- Business Studies
Stage 2: First Year Degree
Birmingham City University Degree Pathways
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Real Estate
Special entry requirements
Students must have a Mathematics qualification at GCSE-level or equivalent with a Grade C/4.
About the School
BCUIC is a direct pathway to Birmingham City University for international students. We offer Foundation, First Year and Pre-Master’s entry points, depending on your level and the degree you want to st ... Read More