Undergraduate GSSP: Science and Mathematics
From Computer Science to Information Technology, from Engineering to Mathematics, UMass Boston offers a wide variety of disciplines spanning the sciences and engineering.
- UMass Boston student from day one
- No SAT or ACT required for admission
- Receive academic credits toward your UMass Boston undergraduate degree
- Small class sizes and additional student support provided
Undergraduate GSSP: 3 semesters*
Up to 118 credit hours less 27-32 credit hours applied from Undergraduate GSSP = 88 credit hours to complete a degree
*Note that this is only a sample of the courses offered during the UPP and UPS programs. For other sample courses, see below.
Undergraduate GSSP: 2 semesters*
Up to 118 credit hours, less 29 credit hours applied from Undergraduate GSSP = 91 credit hours to complete a degree
Note: Course availability may vary semester on the semester, and space is available on first-come, first served basis. Students’ eligibility to take certain classes will depend on Math Placement score and Writing Assessment results. Students are encouraged to complete their placement exams and register for classes prior to arrival. Those who do not complete these steps prior to arrival may find that classes become full, in which case the student will have to wait until a subsequent semester to complete those courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Minimum 30 credits (10-course modules) earned during Undergraduate ISSP
- 27 credits = 9 courses
- 32 credits = 10 courses
Undergraduate GSSP sample course list:
- AMST101 American Popular Culture (Credits:3)
- EEOS101 The Global Environment (Credits: 3)
- ESL100D Academic Writing II (Credits: 4)
- HIST 214 World History (Credits: 3)
- MATH 130 Pre-Calculus (Credits: 3)
- PHIL108 Moral and Social Problems (Credits: 3)
- POLISCI 113G Issues of Political Identity at the Turn of the Century (Credits: 4)
- SOCIOL101 Introduction to Sociology (Credits: 3)
- SOCIOL120G Sociology and Popular Culture (Credits: 4)
Progress on to your 2nd year
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
- Engineering Physics, BS
- Electrical Engineering, BS
- Computer Engineering, BS
For a complete list of majors offered by UMass Boston, please visit College of Science and Mathematics Departments and Programs.
Popular Careers for Graduates
- Information Architect
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Specialist
- Operations Manager
- Systems Administrator
Disclaimer: This information may be subject to change without notice or at the discretion of UMass Boston Navitas GSSP or Navitas Limited.
Program taught in: