Welcome to our intensive Ukrainian Spring Program, spend your time at Ukrainian Catholic University!
The three-week course “UKRAINIAN SPRING” will provide you with an intensive study of the Ukrainian language and diverse cultural program.
The course includes:
60 hours of lessons in the Ukrainian language with native Ukrainian teachers (in small groups from 3 to 7 people), 15 hours of individual tutoring, 18 hours of interactive classes or guest lessons and 45 hours of cultural programming.
In this course you will also have an opportunity to take part in excursion tours throughout the city and Lviv region.
During the program we arrange several meetings with famous people (historians, politicians, musicians). These unique meetings provide the opportunity for you to learn more about social and cultural context of Ukraine.
You will receive a graded certificate stating the course type, course dates, level of Ukrainian and number of (ECTS) credits earned. The Ukrainian Catholic University is a fully accredited institution by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. All the (ECTS) credits you will get here can be easily transferred to North American, Australian and European universities using the ECTS system.
Attendance is compulsory for credited students. You will be awarded credits if you have an attendance record of more than 75% of the program. In total, if you are a credited student, you will receive 8 ECTS credits for participation in this program.
You can be enrolled in the program with any language skills– from beginner to advanced. A language assessment test is compulsory for all students. The test is administered on the first day of the session and consists of both an oral and a written component. Students are grouped according to test results. Flexibility exists for re-assessment in case if you feel you should be assigned to a different group level.
During the course you are provided with all the textbooks and worksheets necessary for the most efficient study of the language.
10 reasons why you should participate in “UKRAINIAN SPRING”
- Individual tutoring – each student has lessons with a personal tutor – a young Ukrainian speaking person, who will help you overcome the barrier of communication!
- Interactive teaching - Our teachers use innovative methods that will help everyone learn Ukrainian step by step.
- Safety – Ukrainian Catholic University is an international institution with long experience of working with foreign students. We provide comfortable accommodation and support.
- Technical equipment – The school is situated in new building of the university, which is equipped according to modern standards
- International environment – our Students come from different parts of the world.
- Lviv is the most Ukrainian speaking city in Ukraine. So, if you really want to learn Ukrainian – you should come to Lviv.
- City Day Celebration and other exciting cultural events and festivals are held in May.
- May is the best time to combine study and vacations, since the cold winter is over and the hot summer is still ahead.
- Lviv is very friendly welcoming to tourists, so you will have a wide choice of restaurants, cafes and clubs.
- Remember that the Ukrainian language is one of the most euphonic languages in the world.
- 80 hours
- 5 ECTS
- 120 hours
- 8 ECTS
Course Fee includes
- Registration fee
- Language & Culture course
- Accommodation (double room)
- Meals (breakfast & lunch, final dinner)
To apply for Program "Ukrainian Spring" in Lviv
- Please complete Online Application form
- Wait for the official acceptance from us (within 3 days; we may ask you for some extra documentation)
- Pay the Registration fee (within 10 working days from acceptance)
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate students of all majors (studying for BA degree) interested in Ukrainian studies, culture and heritage.
- Postgraduate students of all majors (studying for Master’s degree) interested in Ukrainian studies, culture and heritage.
- Adults, college students, non-students, and seniors over the age of 17 – no older then 60
Registration ends 1 week before course starts.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018