Welcome to Valencia, a dream-like city which is actually real! Within the precincts of one single city, you will be able to experience both history and modernity while savoring the delights of a true Mediterranean life.
Today, Valencia is Spain’s third largest city, but over 2,000 years ago, it already shined under the reign of Caesar Augustus. In the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, Valencia wielded economic power throughout the Mediterranean. In the new millennium, this welcoming city continues making history with its avant-garde architecture, as well as with its people and economic fabric.
The City of Arts & Sciences is an architectural collection of exceptional beauty, harmonizing the outer structure with the content. Its stunning architecture naturally blends with its great capacity to entertain, teach, and excite by promoting public participation. Offering cultural and intellectual leisure, the City of Arts & Sciences has given Valencia the best center of this type in Europe.
The Catholic University of Valencia “San Vicente Mártir” seeks a high-standard educational quality that provides an authentic university community in a climate of academic friendship, and a purpose to create and maintain a singularly educational and personal relationship between each one of the students and the University. Instruction, education, and formation are the axes that confirm our teaching.
We are a member of the Asociación de Programas Universitarios Norteamericanos en España, APUNE, www.apune.org
The UCV-US Programs Include:
- Access to All UCV Courses with an increasing number of courses in English every year (Health Sciences, Experimental Sciences, Liberal Arts, Sports Sciences and more).
- Access to All UCV Internships with an increasing number of Internships in English every year.
- Airport pick-up (on arrival date & times established by the Program).
- The UCV ID Card.
- Medical insurance.
- 24 hr emergency phone service.
- Guided excursions.
- Academic & personal advising.
- Buddy Program.
- Access to extracurricular activities in the university.
- Access to our Health Clinics, CLINICAS UNIVERSITARIAS,
accredited by the Regional Department of Health. Their services include Sports Medicine, Dentistry, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy & Podiatry.
- Service Learning: Social Participation & Development. This option provides field experience in community service agencies, education organizations, and NGOs. The student will work for at least five hours per week under the direction of a professional supervisor in the sponsoring organization. In addition, the student will meet periodically with a faculty member faculty and will prepare one or several written reports at the end of the internship.
- Information on the Official Exams of Instituto Cervantes (D.E.LE. Exams). The UCV is also an official venue for official exams in order to obtain the Certificates in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) issued by the Instituto Cervantes, www.diplomas.cervantes.es, on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education.
Academic Year and Semester Programs Dates
- Spring: January through May
- Summer: Mid June through Mid July
- Fall: September through December.