- Length 2 years (6 terms)
- Course Start September
- Progression Degrees & further education in creative media production & technology. Guaranteed progression to our BA Graphics & Illustration course on successful completion of the Extended Diploma.
- Tutor Support Specialist tutor support available 5 days a week.
- Studio Access Students have access to our studios 7 days a week, from 8am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm at weekends.
- How Your Work Is Assessed Visual and written assignments and projects.
- Excursions Local and national educational trips to museums and galleries.
What to Expect
In the first year you will explore a range of creative subject areas including 3D Design, Textiles, Fine Art, Graphics and Illustration, Photography and Moving image supported by Life drawing and Visual studies.
In your second year, you will select your specialism subject; your creative process will be recorded in a blog as a reflection and evaluation of your work. You will commence your university application and portfolio with the guidance and support of lecturers. In the second term, you will continue to focus on your chosen subject and develop a portfolio for university interviews. Fashion students will stage a fashion show.
In the final term all students will undertake a research week when trips to relevant creative sources are arranged and industry professionals are invited into college to inspire and inform your self directed project. This will be showcased at the end of term. You will then celebrate your achievements at our graduation ceremony
16 years +
Successful completion of Secondary Education (year 10 or year 11 depending on native country) is needed or 3 GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably in a relevant creative subject. Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
English Level for International Students
IELTS 4.5+ (no element under 4.0)
No portfolio required but evidence of an active interest in Art & Design is needed.
To help our young artists we provide essential materials and access to all the adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro, After Effects and more), access to an in-studio library, a photography studio and free printing as well as Oculus Quest virtual reality headsets.
How We Teach
Throughout this course students will be taught through specialist workshops, guest lecturers, regular one-to-ones and group tutorials.
Introduction to media processes, technical skills, design and research skills, professional practices, audio production and technology, visual production, audience engagement.
- Norwich University of the Arts
- London Metropolitan University
- Ravensbourne University
- University of the Creative Arts
- Westminster University
Each of our students receives personalised portfolio assistance from our specialist tutors.
About the School
Cambridge school of visual & performing arts (csvpa) is a dedicated arts and performance school in the centre of cambridge. We offer diploma, foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate courses acr ... Read More