ASTD HPI Certificate Program- Transitioning to Human Performance Improvement *
New Dates to be Announced
How do I get buy-in to transition my department to performance consulting? How do I overcome resistance from my training staff? How can I describe what I do so people understand my new role? I think I have the skills I need to be a performance consultant. Now what?
Telling management that HPI brings bottom-line results will not be enough. You will need to articulate the changes you are bringing about and build support for your efforts. This course focuses on the skills needed to gauge your organization’s readiness for change and techniques for keeping the momentum alive. Create a transition plan that, when put into action, creates an environment that supports the ideals of HPI. Highly interactive, with class and instructor feedback.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- State reasons for making the transition to HPI.
- Describe quickly and accurately the role of a performance consultant.
- Identify potential performance improvement products and services.
- Define your HPI effort’s mission, vision, guiding principles, and objectives.
- Get buy-in for the transition and mobilize a team of internal and external partners.
- Identify the most appropriate performance improvement organization structure for the situation.
- Explain the transition plan to key stakeholders.
* Prerequisite: Completion of all other courses in the certificate program.