* Learn to formulate a highly effective investor relations strategy
* Understand factors which influence equity valuation
* Explore how domestic security markets function
Who Should Attend
If you are an experienced investor relations professional, you will gain the greatest benefit from this program. Participants typically represent a broad spectrum of industries and firms and are concerned with how best to formulate an effective investor relations strategy in today's rapidly changing environment.
Underlying the Theory and Practice of Investor Relations program are two key premises. First, effective investor relations strategies enhance a firm's ability to successfully compete in the capital markets. Second, without a thorough understanding of key finance and accounting concepts, effective investor relations strategies cannot be formulated. To further these goals, the program is designed to:
- Heighten your understanding of factors that influence equity valuation
- Explore how domestic security markets function
- Consider how an analyst processes information
- Examine determinants of an effective disclosure strategy
- Build your proficiency in designing, implementing, and evaluating an investor relations program
- Lectures, case analyses, and group discussion actively involve each participant in the learning process.
This week-long program is a demanding, yet rewarding educational experience. Following an optional session on Sunday afternoon which covers Finance Fundamentals, classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. Two evening work sessions and two social outings complete the week. Class sessions are highly interactive in nature, with frequent integrated break-out sessions.
You and other participants will take part in a trading simulation game in which you will act as market makers that trade against each other to try to make the most trading profits. The game illustrates how real-world trading takes place and prices are set on electronic exchanges like the NASDAQ.
You will also have the opportunity to evaluate your company using the sophisticated quantitative analysis software employed by major portfolio managers.
Participants will have an opportunity to discuss specific issues and concerns with the program faculty through presentations and informal discussions both in and outside of the classroom. Faculty members are also available at meals and during the evenings to address individual issues. This full-time commitment by the core faculty provides a continuity from one topic to the next and an integration within the seminar that is unmatched by other programs.
About the School
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a premier educational institution within one of the finest research universities worldwide. Our mission is to develop leaders in ... Read More