The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of St Andrews or Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high-quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Pre-IB - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Debate - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Business and Entrepreneurship - Cambridge and Yale
- Creative Writing - St Andrews & Yale
- Youth Leadership - St Andrews only.
- Journalisim - Cambridge only
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Theatre Elective.
Theatre Summer School Program
Over the three-week period this imaginative and inspirational theatre summer school program will combine a series of skill-based master classes and ensemble workshops in which students will work as a team under the guidance of a professional director to create an exciting piece of divised theatre, to be performed in the final week.
What will it cover?
- Experience the fun and excitement of the stage
- Develop your performance skills
- Benefit from professional guidance and instruction
- Come together to develop and perform a unique piece of theatre
- Discover your talents and boost your self-confidence
This summer school course has been especially designed by theatrical professionals to enthuse all students with a keen interest in the performing arts regardless of previous experience and will encourage all students to discover their talents and send them off with a new-found self-confidence both on the stage and beyond.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews & Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus