We eat at our desks in front of our computers; email replaces face-to-face conversation. It’s no wonder our manners are rusty. One news article went as far to say what we see today is “an ill-mannered workplace epidemic.” Somehow we have come to think that as long as we have the required skill set for the job, our manners don’t matter.
In reality, today’s competitive business climate and global economy, proper protocol and etiquette are playing a paramount role in day-to-day business encounters. And companies today are often appalled by behaviors unbecoming an employee. This seminar is specifically designed for people (and companies) who want to polish their skills and improve their professional image.
This six-hour seminar covers various forms of business etiquette: first and lasting impressions, the power of the handshake, protocol for introductions, business card etiquette, the art of business dining and entertaining, network savvy, technology etiquette, and more.
But the class is not like mom scolding you for your poor manners. Information is presented in a relaxed style that cuts to the heart of today’s etiquette concerns. The daytime class will have a light lunch of soup and salad, so you can practice while you learn. During the evening sessions, spread over two nights, there will be a light soup and salad dinner.
Build your confidence by knowing the right etiquette. Participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate the different levels and components of proper introductions
- Recognize how to make a powerful, positive impression
- Present and receive business cards with proper protocol
- Understand the concepts and functions of business dining and entertaining
- Successfully navigate a business meal
- Develop an action plan to improve networking skills
- Present the value of appropriate techno-etiquette
New Dates to be Announced
This seminar is specifically designed for people (and companies) who want to polish their skills and improve their professional image.