The Impact, Critics, and Future of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Course Code: SM104B
- Duration: 3 days
- Fee: £1605
The Impact of CSR
- Understanding impact
- Different dimensions of the impact of CSR
- The challenges of determining the impact
Criticisms of CSR
- Introducing critiques of CSR
- ‘CSR is anti-business’
- ‘CSR is pro-business’
- ‘The scope of CSR is too narrow’
- CSR fails to achieve its goals’
The Future of CSR
- Where is CSR heading?
- Mega-trends affecting CSR
- Embedding and integrating CSR
- Transition and transformation
- The role of business in society
- Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments, and senior managers & executives interested in corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Managers of tomorrow who wish to develop modern business practices and find ways to act in a truly responsible way.
- Those who see business as being increasingly central to addressing global concerns and society’s expectations of going beyond wealth creation, against a backdrop of financial crises, climate change, political shifts, and population growth.
- Those who want their business to maximize profits whilst also being publicly accountable for its social and environmental record.
- Those who are concerned about the role of business in modern society.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The importance of understanding impact.
- The ways we learn about the impact and the ways it is assessed.
- A framework for understanding the different dimensions to impact.
- An overview of the impact of CSR to date.
- The challenges of assessing impact.
- Why some see CSR as being anti-business or anti-free markets.
- How some regard CSR as being too pro-business.
- Why CSR has been criticised for failing to deal with major areas of the interaction of business with society.
- Why some feel that CSR needs to become more rigorous and tougher in its approach.
- The major trends that will affect what is meant by CSR over the coming years.
- Aspects of contemporary CSR that may be refined or enhanced.
- Evolving types of approach to CSR.
- What CSR reveals about the changing role of business in twenty-first-century society.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 18 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated August 21, 2019
This course is
Aug 27, 2019
Dec 16, 2019
Aug 27, 2019
Dec 16, 2019
Jan 20, 2020
May 18, 2020
Sep 21, 2020