Perhaps you did not choose to study Finance at university, but now you are curious to find out more about the major financial products and investment strategies. Possibly you want a better understanding of the news or dream about becoming the next George Soros. Maybe you will be a new student next fall and want to get a jump start on your studies. Either way, The Finance Boot Camp with the Banking Game will be a fun addition to your summer.
Taught entirely in English, the Finance Boot Camp attracts highly motivated students from around the world. Spending a fortnight abroad will give you additional international exposure. And last but not least, you will benefit from Frankfurt School’s excellent connections to banks, financial institutions, and consulting firms. Participants are expected to be fluent in English.
The main event of our Finance Boot Camp is the Banking Game. During this class you study how to manage a financial institution by playing a competitive, web-based simulator game, Probanker, against other student teams. You will have to make choices about lending rates, advertising campaigns, funding sources, and many other aspects of a real banker’s life to get a firm grasp of risk management in financial institutions.
Participants in our summer school will benefit from our immediate proximity to prestigious financial institutions such as the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Deutsche Bundesbank (the German central bank). The Finance Boot Camp will provide plenty of opportunities to network and you will be sure to make some new friends too. In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities to engage in athletic activities such as swimming or running in the morning for those who wish to.
Frankfurt School’s Finance Boot Camp targets non-finance Bachelor and Master students seeking to develop or deepen their skills in finance in one of Europe’s leading financial centers: Frankfurt am Main.
Demanding and intensive, highly motivated students who are interested in learning about the key aspects of finance and banking in a condensed time period should apply.
- Lectures and tutorials led by industry experts
- Small discussion groups
- Financial institution visits
- Interaction between students from all over the world
- Team-building, social, and sporting activities
- Cultural excursion to Heidelberg (including a visit to their famous castle)
- Exploring German food, drinks, and culture (including a guided city tour)
Costs & Organisation
Duration: 2 weeks
Credits: 5 ECTS (7,5 ECTS possible upon request)
Costs: EUR 3,400 (price includes all corporate and cultural excursions, local accommodation, transport, lunches at Frankfurt School canteen, and two dinners. Flights and several meals are excluded).
- 20% Early Bird Discount - Register by 31 March 2019
- 50% Special discount for Frankfurt School’s future Master student
Please use the registration form and send it via e-mail to Joana Rosenkranz to register for our Finance Boot Camp 2019. In case you have any questions about this event, please feel free to send an e-mail at any time.
* Non-EU students: Be aware that visa applications can take some time, so apply as soon as possible.
Funded by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Office) with funds from the Federal Foreign Office.
New Funding opportunities for summer school students
For the very first time this year, Frankfurt School is excited to offer DAAD-funding opportunities for students joining the Finance Boot Camp Summer School in July of 2019.
Potential funding possibilities include:
- Travel costs: International students may receive a travel grant. The final award amount will depend on the country (range 200€-1,550€)
- Accommodation costs: International students may receive a subsidy for their stay in Frankfurt during the summer school, in total up to 500€ reduction of the overall course fee.
How to apply/criteria:
Students who wish to apply for the summer school can do so by filling in the registration form found on our website (https://www.frankfurt-school.de/home/international-advisory-services/summer-school). In addition to the online registration form, the following criteria need to be met:
- Eligible student status (Bachelor or Master or MBA)
- Average academic performance of 80% or the equivalent GPA
- Submission of the student´s transcripts of records
- Submission of a short motivation letter on why the student wishes to attend the Finance Boot Camp
For partner universities: Please recommend pre-selected students for the grants
- 31st March early bird deadline
- 30th April application deadline
- 15th May decision on funding
Program taught in: