You may be one of the few African-American managers at your workplace. And you may feel, at times, as though you are alone.
You are not.
And the feeling that you may have, the thought that creeps into your head from time to time, goes something like this: Maybe it is just me.
It is not just you. And you will find out, in the African-American Leadership Program, that there are others just like you who feel the same way. More importantly, you will come away with a new network of peers who have been through the same things, who you can count on to help you navigate your future.
How do we know? It is one of the few leadership development programs designed for and staffed by African Americans. Our program provides a secure forum for exploring, in a real and substantive way, the issues that have an impact on the career objectives of African-American professionals.
We provide an exceptional leadership development experience rich in personal assessment and feedback, which is designed to help you grow, to become more successful and more productive. You will evaluate your own leadership style and discuss how others perceive you, your work and your effectiveness. And we will help you develop a plan for your future personal and professional growth.
- Benefit from CCL research on African-American leadership issues.
- Strengthen your leadership style and effectiveness by taking part in several 360-degree assessments, a carefully structured peer feedback session and a one-to-one session with a certified CCL feedback coach.
- Develop priorities, particularly as they relate to personal and professional development.
- Identify potential career derailment hazards.
- Enhance the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and develop innovative management techniques.
- Better understand the impact of racial, cultural and spiritual differences in the workplace and learn new ways of productively leveraging the opportunities those differences bring.
- Develop understanding and key skills around mentorship.
- Establish a set of realistic, measurable goals and a plan of action to meet them.
Mid- to senior-level African-American managers who want to strengthen their leadership effectiveness through personal assessment and a feedback-intense learning experience.
About the School
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) offers what no one else can: an exclusive focus on leadership education and research and unparalleled expertise in solving the leadership challenges of individ ... Read More