Reconnect and rebalance yourself discovering your own rhythm in the middle of the Atlantic! Enjoy a retreat in El Hierro -Canary Islands- a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve island.
Open a new door in your life to help yourself by helping others and start to learn another job for your future. Learning the Foundations of Thai Massage, ITM certified. Simply living up to your own rhythm -in harmony with nature.
Sun 30th September - Sun 7th October
from € 608 per person in double room / from € 730 in a double for single use
About the accommodation headquarters of the retreat:
El Sitio is situated between vineyards in the small village of La Frontera. Here in the northern part of the island, you can enjoy beautiful mountain views, the open ocean and the Golfo valley lying at your feet.
El Sitio – “The place”, is an open space integrated with the natural surroundings and community of El Hierro. We provide visitors with a peaceful environment for calming down body and mind. El Sitio is a canvas for people & ideas that both inspire and support El Hierro’s strategy of sustainable development, respect for the environment, culture and human dignity.
All of our “Casitas” are simple, individually designed casitas made out of traditional lava stone from El Hierro. From many places inside and outside of the houses, you can enjoy great views of the sea, nearby vineyards and the mountains. http://elsitio-elhierro.es/en/
About the island: El Hierro. The Zero Meridian Island
Since the year 2000, El Hierro is a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and boasts one of the world’s most ambitious sustainability programs. Land speculation, inappropriate infrastructure, and developments that do not respect El Hierro’s cultural and natural heritage are significantly limited. The island government has made a firm commitment, to not walk the path of irretrievable damage, which a lot of places on our neighboring islands have chosen with regards to tourism. Few places on the „Fortunate Islands“ have developed such a keen awareness for the delicate balance, with which tourism, conservation of nature and culture have to be handled. http://elhierro.travel/en/the-island/
Learn Thai massage Level I: Foundation of Thai Massage
- This course covers Front Position (feet to face)
- Introduces the concept of energy lines (SEN) and Yin/Yang
- Teaches stretches, acupressure points, and proper use of body weight using thumbs, palms, elbows, knees, and feet
- Emphasizes deep-focused abdominal (Hara) work
- Upon completion students will be able to perform an effective 1 – 2 hour Thai Massage
What is included
Accommodation on an individual basis or double-sharing basis, depending what you choose for 1 week. All casitas have a fully equipped kitchenette and full private bathroom with shower and hot water. Prices also include bed linen, towels (changed on request) and final cleaning. There is no TV in any of the apartments. Free of charge WIFI connection is available in courtyard and bodega.
Thai Yoga Massage lessons – Level 1 Foundation of Traditional Thai Massage - Nuad Bo Rarn:
One full traditional Thai yoga massage professional course, level 1 of Nuad Bo Rarn traditional Thai yoga massage, given by certified teachers from ITM, International Training Massage School, Chiang Mai (northern Thailand).
Upon successful completion of the course (there will be a practical exam on Friday), you will receive a certificate approved and authorised by ITM (International Training Massage School of Chiang Mai, northern Thailand), honored as the best Thai massage school of Thailand, acknowledged by the Departments of Health and Education of Thailand.
Extra activities included in the retreat's price:
- 2-3 dinners at El Sitio bodega (resort's common kitchen and dining area) with typical Spanish cuisine also from the Canary Islands. Live cooking show!
- 2 group hiking through the Island of El Hierro (after classes in the afternoons)
- Airport pick-up on the first day & drop off on the last day on request (extra charge)
Other favorite activities to do on El Hierro (not included in the price):
- Hiking on your own
- Diving & Swimming
- Biking & Mountain biking
From 608 euro in double to share / from 730 euro in individual accommodation (all casitas are able to be single or double occupied). Extra fees for sea view houses. Ask us for more and individual price possibilities.
Overview of our weekly schedule:
- 30 September arrival at El Sitio
- 1 – 5 October: Level 1 course Traditional Thai yoga Massage Nuad Bo Rarn with a practical exam on Friday 5th
- 6 October: Free time to explore and enjoy the beauty of El Hierro
- 7 October: check out before 11 am
Added values of this exceptional retreat:
- No language barrier, all courses in fluent English, German and Spanish: we are an international school!
- Small-group course direction, direct learning from Jorge himself personally (not assistant teachers with limited knowledge)
- Daily yoga (optional)
- Each student should come away from the retreat, with their own unique, and emerging style
- A complete commitment to providing you with high-quality resources
Limited places available!
To make sure that you can join, you can reserve here: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 24, 2018