The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of St Andrews or Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high-quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Pre-IB - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Debate - St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
- Business and Entrepreneurship - Cambridge and Yale.
- Creative Writing - St Andrews and Yale.
- Youth Leadership - St Andrews only.
- Journalisim - Cambridge only.
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Tennis Elective.
Professional coaches work with our summer students to teach them new skills, achieve their personal goals and develop a love of the game. The course is designed to meet the needs of every student, from complete beginners to advanced level tennis players.
What will it cover?
- Benefit from professional and enthusiastic coaching
- Experience tournament and match play
- Develop fundamental skills to improve your game
- Learn the importance of good sportsmanship
- Combine fitness and fun in a learning environment
Beginner’s benefit from individual attention and constant encouragement, as well as learning to develop their basic tennis strokes. Intermediate players refine their strokes and learn how to use their strengths for competitive advantage. More advanced players also cover spin techniques, positional play, footwork and tactical awareness. All players play full-length games and learn the rules of the game, as well as receiving coaching in good tennis technique, sportsmanship and general fitness.
This three-week elective summer school course will culminate in the ISSOS Tennis Academy’s annual tennis tournament, in which all students participate.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews & Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6900 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus