Our tennis class develops fitness and strategy while teaching the finer elements of the sport.
We have access to six indoor and two outdoor clay courts, which comprise the Scottish Tennis Centre. These are the same courts where world champion, Andy Murray (currently ranked number 1 in the world) first learned to play.
Coaches are LTA qualified and focus on speed, coordination, strategy and overall technique. This class is open to students of all levels and, like everything we do at ISSFT, has an emphasis on learning through teamwork and fun.
- 36 hours of tennis tuition
- Play in outside clay courts, and inside courts
- Great for fitness and flexibility
- Improve your game through Padel and other racket sports
- Working in small groups to develop technical ability, mental focus and coordination
- Specific lessons include: Groundstroke, net play, footwork, serving (flat, slice, topspin), returning serves (forehand, single-handed backhand, double-handed backhand), strategy, tennis specific fitness, balance, speed strength, backhand, approach shot and overhead shot.
- Great way to make new friends
Step up your game with access to the very best in Tennis equipment.
Indoor and outdoor courts
We have access to six indoor and two outdoor clay courts which collectively comprise the Scottish Tennis Centre, along with a multi-facilitated gym.
Our learning outcomes for this elective are:
- Improve technical ability and an overall understanding of the game
- Receive hands-on coaching which includes individual evaluation and an improvement plan to take home
- Develop strategies to improve focus, concentration and coordination
- Play on prestigious courts which have hosted Wimbledon and Grand Slam Champions
- A great opportunity to make new friends through small group lessons
- Play tennis during your free time at no extra cost
Program taught in: