Come and Study English in the safe and beautiful city of Martin, Tennessee!
20-25 hours of classes are offered in all skills: Grammar, Writing, Reading, Listening/Speaking. TOEFL preparation, GMAT preparation and other skills are available.
There are six levels of instruction from beginning to advanced.
There are six terms in a year. In Fall and Spring Semesters, the terms are eight weeks. In summer, there are two five-week terms.
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with one hour break for lunch (4-5 hours of classes per day).
The Michigan English Placement Test is given to all new students on the first day of term for placement in levels. The ITP TOEFL is offered at the end of every term for $30.
NO TOEFL REQUIRED after successful completion of Level 6
- Contact with American students via conversation partners and small groups
- Engagement with campus and community events
- Regional events: Trips to Memphis, Nashville, Paducah and other destinations.
- Holiday and special events: Potlucks, holiday parties, and field trips
Live in any one of four residences or two campus apartment complexes:
- Cooper – Suite living: 3 doubles and two singles + bathroom and living room per suite. Common kitchen and laundry area in residence hall.
- Ellington and Browning – double occupancy; two doubles share one bathroom; common kitche and laundry area in residence hall
- University Village Phases I and II – full apartment living with individual restrooms, laundry facilities and full kitchen.
- Grove Apartments – one and two bedrooms, unfurnished;
- University Village – one and two bedrooms, unfurnished;
$2100 per eight-week term, Application fee of $130 (50% off if you tell us you saw it on Academiccourses.com!) books approximately $200, health insurance is mandatory.
- Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR): 2 shots, 30 days apart;.
- Varicella (Chicken pox)
- Menengistis if under 22 years of age
- Proof of immunizations in English from your doctor.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 9, 2018