VGC combines our High School Preparation Program with our Summer Teen Experience activities making this course one of the most exciting summer teen English camps in Vancouver. We offer students a complete Canadian adventure where they will be fully immersed in English language lessons designed for the high school student, all while experiencing Canadian culture. It consists of an integrated program where the students have a full day of studies that focus on English relevant to the daily life of a high school teen. Every Tuesday and Thursday students will take their learning outside of the classroom where they will apply their language knowledge to academic activity. Further to this, there will be daily activities that students can enjoy.
And if that doesn’t sound like enough fun, students will have the opportunity to experience the beautiful wilderness that Canada is famous for. This summer camp gives students the opportunity to spend several days away from the city. We will enjoy swimming in pristine lakes, canoeing, campfires, taking photos of breathtaking Rocky mountains and much, much more!
This program contains relevant English language for the high school student whether they are returning to study in their home country or going on to study at a Canadian high school. It is offered in the summer months only, for students between 13 and 18 years old.
Young Executive Program
These programs are two weeks in length and start every two weeks, and students must take the full two-week course. Students can take a combination of English classes in the High School Preparation Program with a Young Executive option.
To be eligible, students must be of a high level in English or fluent. Students can take our online level test to confirm their level is advanced. English level must be 5.5 IELTS, VGC level 6 or equivalent. This program is made of three individual two-week business programs. We take the same key elements from our adult courses and apply them to the youth program.
Students will learn about different styles of leadership and which style suits their personality. They will learn to develop their leadership skills and how to apply them. This course gives students life skills for success.
In this program, students learn about all the key elements to create a successful business. Students will work together to develop new business and learn frameworks that can be applied in an international environment. This is a fun introduction to creating and running your own business.
Marketing through social media
Using different social media platforms, students will use these familiar tools to come up with strategies on how to generate branding and placement for business.
The Young Executive Program follows the same schedule as VGC’s High School Preparation schedule and includes the same Teen Summer Camp Academic and Afternoon Activities.
Liam Macleod / Unsplash
- Week 1: History & Culture + Weekly Quiz 2
- Week 2: Sport & Fitness + Weekly Quiz
- Week 3: Arts & the Media + Weekly Quiz
- Week 4: Geography + Weekly Quiz
- Week 5: Food & Nutrition + Weekly Quiz
- Week 6: Science & the Environment + Weekly Quiz
The VGC Difference
- Classes are based on Cambridge leveling for international academic recognition.
- This English Summer Camp consists of after school activities, weekend adventures and out of class academic activities on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Students experience life in a Canadian city and the great Canadian outdoors!
- Caring VGC staff that will make every effort to ensure that students feel safe
2020 Teen Summer Camp Start Dates:
July 6th • July 13th • July 20th • July 27th • August 4th
2020 Young Executive Program Start Dates:
- Leadership: July 6 to July 17
- Entrepreneurship: July 20 to July 31
- Marketing through Social Media: August 4 to August 14
Program Duration and Structure
This program takes 6 weeks to complete with 21 hours of study per week. Students can choose to study for 2-6 weeks. The High School Preparation Program uses material from a variety of sources, all materials will be provided by the school.
Minimum of five hours per week. To get the most from this course, additional review and self-study are recommended. For every block of classes 30 - 45 minutes should be spent reviewing the materials.
By the end of the course, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of communications in a Canadian context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the skills required to communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts and vocabulary for a number of academic disciplines
- Demonstrate an ability to use English to read, write and talk about a number of academic disciplines
- Have an understanding of the typical Canadian classroom environment, teaching style, and assessments.
Students are expected to attend 100% of their classes.
Weekly quizzes, a mid-term and a final exam
13-18 years old
About the School
Thank you for your interest in VGC International College. We know that the decision to choose a school is an important one and we are honored that you are considering us.