A two day workshop covering the principles and practices in lighting a small theatre production including rigging and focusing theatre lanterns, the use of special effects, programming the operating desk and the operation of follow spots. The course will include practical sessions as well as presentations from the tutor. Day two will focus on sound design covering what sound is and how it can be managed, systems and equipment and how to use them, troubleshooting and the basics involved in setting up the sound for a small theatre production.
The full course fee is payable as acceptance of an offer of a place on the course.
- In the event of cancellation more than two months prior to the course start date, a sum of €100 will be retained to cover administration costs.
- In the event of a cancellation less than two months prior to the course start date, the sum of €250 will be retained.
- A withdrawal less than one month before the course start date will result in the forfeiture of the entire fee.
- Fluency in the English language is essential.
- A commitment to punctuality, discipline and preparation is required from every participant.
- Information on what to wear etc. will be sent to successful applicants once they have been accepted onto the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2018