Our Academic Discovery Programme offers students aged 8-10 the opportunity to live and study in St Mary’s Ascot, a top UK boarding school. For each week-long session, students study a variety of Arts and Science subjects, along with a series of afternoon workshops. This course is also available for students aged 11-12
Students aged 8-10 on our Academic Discovery Programme will have the opportunity to study a variety of Arts and Science subjects, along with fun afternoon workshops which will help to consolidate what they have learned that day. Regardless of whether students would like to study an area of interest or learn something completely new, they will certainly find something of interest to them.
Inside the classroom, each subject has its own Learning Objectives, which relate to the material covered in the course, as well as the knowledge and skills fostered.
Transferable Life Skills
Attendees on the Academic Discovery Programme are encouraged to work on important key skills during their time with ORA. We believe that the experience of being away from home, living and studying in St Mary’s Ascot, a top UK boarding school, enables our students to develop a suite of transferable skills that go beyond those available to students in their own school environment. Vital for future success in any career, these skills include:
- developing strengths in independence, self-regulation and self-assessment;
- confidence in dealing with a wide range of new people and situations;
- responsibility for own learning, time management, and working with others;
- communication skills in speaking, listening, and presenting effective arguments in a variety of different contexts.
Eligibility and Pre-requisites
Students on the Academic Discovery Programme:
- Must conform to our Age Policy.
- Must be fluent or near-fluent English language speakers – if you are unsure whether your English level is suitable for this programme, please contact our Registrations Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you.
- Must be able to fulfil the basic requirements of the programme, in terms of attendance at lessons, meals and events. Please contact our Registrations Team for more detailed information.
- Should check the pre-requisites of each option they select before enrolling, to ensure they possess the necessary knowledge to benefit from the subject matter discussed in the classes.
About the School
Oxford Royale Academy students sleep, eat and study in a college of the University of Oxford — just like the University’s undergraduates. This gives our students the rare opportunity to experience the ... Read More