Summer Tourism & Gastronomy in Lyon!
CEFAM offers a new summer program on tourism and gastronomy.
Lyon is the capital of gastronomy and the best place to discover all the secrets of French cuisine. Courses, conferences, visits and cultural activities will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about French cuisine.
Field trips to Paris, Provence, Savoie and Burgundy, a renowned wine-making area, are organized to make you discover the charming regions surrounding Lyon.
Please discover below our 2-week version and our 5-week version:
Summer Gastronomy 2-week version
Come to discover Lyon, the capital of French gastronomy!
Lyon’s fine cuisine is an integral part of the local way of life. The city offers a choice between the popular charm of its famous «bouchon» bistros, the refined elegance of its two-and-three-star gourmet restaurants, and the warm lively atmosphere of its open-air market. Conferences, visits and cultural activities in Lyon will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about French Cuisine!
Field trips to Provence, Savoie, and Burgundy, a renowned wine-making area, will be organized to make you discover the charming regions surrounding Lyon.
THE HOST INSTITUTION: CEFAM
Conferences and visits will be organized by CEFAM (Centre d’études Franco -Américain de Management), a Franco-American Business school working in partnership with 5 American Business schools (AACSB accredited).
5 conférences (2 hours each):
- Lyon, the city of Gastronomy
- Food: a commodity taken for granted
- How food has played a key role in linking the countryside with the city
- Celebrity chefs
- Food trends through ages
VISITS & EXCURSIONS:
- Welcome dinner
- Visit in Lyon - The secrets of Gastronomy
- Visit in Lyon – Les Halles Paul Bocuse (inside market with fine also known as Lyon’s belly)
- Visit at the Farmer’s market followed by a cooking class with products from the market
- Visit at a chocolate factory – Valhrona
- Visit at a farm and cheese tasting in Ardèche Visit of a vineyard
- Visit in Lyon – Cité internationale de la gastronomie
- Field trip to Provence (2 days): tour in the lavender fields, the lavender museum, visit of Notre dame de la garde in Marseille and “ les calanques de Marseille”
- Field trip to Beaune, Burgundy (1 day): visit a Mustard factory, lunch in a typical restaurant from Burgundy, les hospices de Beaune and wine tasting
- Field trip to Annecy, Savoie (1 day): visit Annecy’s historic center, lunch in a typical restaurant from Savoie, cruise on Annecy’s lake, visit to a medieval castle
Summer Gastronomy 5-week version
Come study in Lyon, rated the # 1 city in France for students! Lyon is France’s second largest city and an important European crossroad. Its remarkable location at the heart of Europe links Lyon, on an average of 1 ½ hours to all of the major European metropolises including Barcelona, Milan, Turin, and Geneva thanks to an equally well-performing network of communication by air, road, or rail. The proximity of Provence, the Mediterranean, the Alps, and the large wine regions adds charm to the Lyon area.
Lyon's fine cuisine is an integral part of the local way of life. The city is the capital of French gastronomy and offers a choice between the popular charm of its famous “bouchon” bistros, the refined elegance of its two-and-three-star gourmet restaurants, and the warm lively atmosphere of its open-air markets.
The 2000-year-old historic center is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site; artistic creativity thrives and cultural activities abound all year round. Lyon truly offers a wide palette of cultural events of international standing.
THE HOST INSTITUTION: CEFAM
Classes will be held at CEFAM (Centre d’études Franco-Américain de Management), a Franco-American Business school working in partnership with 5 American Business schools (AACSB accredited).
2 courses, 39 hours each:
- FREN 150: French Culture (3 credits)
- ARTS 210: Art History (3 credits)
CONFERENCES AND EXCURSIONS:
Week 1 – French Culture
- Orientation day
- Cheese tasting
- Visit of a vineyard with wine tasting
Week 2 – Arts
- Visit of “Musée des Beaux Arts” and “Musée d’Arts Contemporains”
- Weekend in Paris: a cruise on the Seine River, Visit of the Eiffel tower and Visit of the Louvre Museum
Week 3 –Gastronomy I
- Conference on “Marketing in Gastronomy” Visit of “Les Halles Paul Bocus”
Week 4 – Tourism
- Conference on “Tourism in Europe” Conference on “ Intercultural Management”
- Weekend in Provence: tour in the Lavender fields, the lavender museum, visit of Notre dame de la garde in Marseille and “ les calanques de Marseille”
Week 5 – Gastronomy II
- Cooking class
- Visit at a chocolate workshop
If you are interested, please contact Aurele Legrand: email@example.com
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2018