Last updated July 9, 2018
The IAE Pau-Bayonne and The Business Analytics Institute will again be offering a 10-day Summer School from July 2nd to 11th 2018 on our seaside campus on the Basque coast for upper-and postgraduate students on the foundations of data science and heuristics.
This unique summer session will provide four dozen participants with a solid understanding of the practice of analytics – how to:
- evaluate the data at hand,
- apply the appropriate methodologies to specific types of professional challenges, and
- transform data into collective action.
This year’s session will highlight the applications of analytics in the fields of health and well-being.
Our professors and experts will help participants focus on best practices of work in the digital age, managerial decision-making, machine learning, community management and visual communications. Upon successful completion of this session, students will earn 4 ECTS from the French university UPPA
Specific courses include:
- Digital Economics- how Data Science shifts our perception of time from studying the past to predicting and influencing the future.
- Managerial Decision Making – a tour of the models, tools, techniques of managerial data-driven decision-making
- Machine Learning - how artificial intelligence can help us apply the right method for each type of management problem
- Data Storytelling - why crunching the data isn’t enough, and apply data storytelling to incite collective action
Syllabi upon request.
- The 10 day 4-ECTS program fees are 1195 Euros
- University Housing next to campus is available at 330 Euros a month
- The budget for social activities is estimated at 300 Euros
- Transportation from either the Paris or Bayonne airports can be arranged upon request.
Applications should use the online application system on this website from 1 February 2018 to 01 April 2018 in applying for the Summer School.
Along with your application, you must hand in the required documentation:
- You must hold a relevant Bachelor's degree (or as a minimum 180 ECTS in your study program) by the time of application deadline.
- An English test (dating back no more than two years) or an English taught qualifying exam from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Scotland, or Ireland.
This school offers programs in: