This module is designed for advanced undergraduate and graduate students interested in international economics and international management. It provides a unique combination of business and economics in lectures focusing on opportunities, threats, and challenges facing future managers and politicians throughout the world.
The economic lectures will cover Europeans macro, climate, trade and competition policies as well as the eastern enlargement of the Union. The business lectures will deal with international financial reporting and taxation, global supply chains and human resource management in the wake of the demographic transition.
Lectures are prepared and presented by professors of the Faculty of Business Management and Economics of the University of Würzburg and partner universities which are all experts in their fields. The lectures are combined with excursions to internationally oriented companies and public institutions which allow for discussions from a more practical perspective.
Cultural activities such as wine tasting and a guided visit tour of the Würzburg Residenz complement the learning experience in order to provide students with a deep insight into business, culture and everyday life in our Region.
After completing the module successfully, students will have a basic understanding of major issues which have to be dealt with in the globalized economy.
- Course period: July 18th – July 27th, 2018
- Date of the exam: July 26th, 2018
- Credits earned: 5 ECTS
- Number of participants: 15 - 25 students
- Course coordinators: Prof. Dr. Fehr and Prof. Dr. Kiesewetter; University of Würzburg
- Target group: BSc and MSc students in Business Management or Economics
- Form of assessment: written exam (60 min.)
01. February - 30. April 2018
- Application form (completed and signed)
- Transcript of records (of your current degree programme)
- short CV
- copy of passport
Please complete the application form carefully and after signing it return it together with the other documents by mail or e-mail to Agata Stopinska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fees and Scholarships
The registration fee for the Summer School consists of 350 € (exchange students have a reduced fee of 200 €) and covers:
- lecture material
- final exam
- Wifi access on campus
- company visits in Mainfranken Area
- guided city tour of Würzburg
- wine tasting event in the Staatlicher Hofkeller of the Würzburg Residenz
- coffee, tea, and water throughout the summer school
- welcome and farewell dinner
- ticket for local transport
- certificate of attendance
All participants are required to cover their own costs for accommodation, food and personal needs. Medical insurance is not included. Upon final and successful registration and on receipt of payment, our office will issue an official letter of invitation that can be used for visa application.
We are very delighted that there are scholarships for a limited number of students available! You are warmly invited to apply for one of the scholarships. A scholarship (around 300€) covers costs for accommodation (9 nights) and health insurance during the period of summer school.
Please apply for a travel and subsistence scholarship up to 300 Euro/person. For this purpose, you have to send a short motivation letter in addition to the application documents to email@example.com
Program taught in: