Situated in Brussels, the ‘Capital of Europe’, Vesalius College offers students a unique summer experience. Lasting just 7 weeks, the Summer Session gives students a focused academic programme and the opportunity to experience and explore the best of European culture and travel.
The Vesalius College Summer Programme consisted of courses in Business, Communications, International Affairs, and International & European Law. In addition, there are also a number of internship opportunities available. Students may register for a maximum of 2 courses during the Summer Programme (6 ECTS per course).
The maximum course load is 2 courses.
- ART101G – Art in Belgium – Leon Lock
- BUS 102G, The Belgian Brewery Industry in a Global Context: Business, Economics, Culture and Innovation – Sven Van Kerckhoven
- BUS2113G – Principles of Organizational Management – Munira Aminova
- BUS243G – Management Control Systems – Kim Adamsen
- BUS 316G – Business models and Leadership in times of Transition – de Kemmeter
- BUS 363G – Global Sustainability and Society – Frank Billingsley
- CMM 214G, Gamification in Politics, Business and Communications: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- CMM233G – Introduction to Photojournalism
- CMM 262G, European Film, Culture and Contemporary Visions – Ernest Mathijs & Wouter Hessels
- INT 381G, Internship
- LAW 204G, Human Rights and International Criminal Law: The Case of the International Criminal Court – Medlir Mema
- POL 223G, Ethnic Conflict, Reconciliation and Reconstruction – Medlir Mema
- POL 225G, Global Terrorism, Counter-terrorism and (De-)Radicalisation – Serge Stroobants
- POL234G, Economics and Politics of the EU – Mark Corner
- POL 261G, History and Politics of the Modern Middle East – Iris Abraham
- POL 334G, The European Union in the World – Amie Kreppel
All our courses are taught in English.
How to Apply
A student visa is not required to attend our Summer Programme. In most cases, a tourist visa is sufficient for attendance. However, students must have a valid identity card or passport.
All students who wish to participate in the Summer Programme must submit a Summer Programme Application Form. Students who want to do an internship during the summer must complete TWO Application Forms (one for the Summer Programme and one for the Internship). The deadline for the Summer Programme Application is 3 May 2019, and the Internship Application deadline is 12 April. Students who are unable to meet the application deadline should contact Mrs Clara Cotroneo (Study Abroad Students) or Ms Vanessa Goffard (External students)
Continuing Vesalius College Students
Continuing Vesalius College students will need to complete a registration form for the Summer Programme, which is available from reception.
Study Abroad Students (Partner Institutions and Non-Partner Institutions)
The deadline for Study Abroad students to apply is 3 May 2019.
Internship (for Study Abroad Students)
If you wish to apply for an internship during the summer, you must submit a separate application form. The deadline for an internship application is 12 April.
To be eligible, a secondary school diploma and good command of the English language is required. Admission is decided on a case-by-case basis.
The deadline to apply is 3 May 2019.
Admission to the Summer Programme does not constitute admission to Vesalius College as a regular student for either the fall or spring semesters. Vesalius College reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet the minimum enrolment numbers.
Vesalius College will provisionally reserve a place for new students in the courses indicated on their application form. If new students do not confirm their place(s) by registering during the first week of classes, their registration will automatically be cancelled.
- For Vesalius students, including study abroad, the tuition fee per course (6 ECTS) is 1260€, 6300€/5.
- For non-Vesalius students, the tuition fee per course is 1500 euros.
If you are a study abroad officer from a partner university, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about discounts available to your students.
Program taught in: