Situated in Brussels, the ‘Capital of Europe’, Vesalius College offers students unique summer experience. Lasting just 7 weeks, the Summer Session gives students a focused academic program and the opportunity to experience and explore the best of European culture and travel.
The Vesalius College Summer Program consisted of courses in Business, Communications, International Affairs, and International & European Law. In addition, there are also a number of internship opportunities available. Students may register for a maximum of 2 courses during the Summer Program (6 ECTS per course).
Summer 2020 (TBC)
The maximum course load is 2 courses.
- Art in Belgium
- The Belgian Brewery Industry in a Global Context: Business, Economics, Culture, and Innovation
- Principles of Organizational Management
- Management Control Systems
- Business models and Leadership in times of Transition
- Global Sustainability and Society
- Gamification in Politics, Business and Communications: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Introduction to Photojournalism
- European Film, Culture, and Contemporary Visions
- Human Rights and International Criminal Law: The Case of the International Criminal Court
- Ethnic Conflict, Reconciliation and Reconstruction
- POL 225G, Global Terrorism, Counter-terrorism and (De-)Radicalisation
- POL234G, Economics, and Politics of the EU
- POL 261G, History and Politics of the Modern Middle East
- POL 334G, The European Union in the World
All our courses are taught in English.
How to Apply
A student visa is not required to attend the Summer Program. In most cases, a tourist visa is sufficient for attendance. However, students must have a valid identity card or passport.
All students who wish to participate in the Summer Program must submit a Summer Program Application Form. Students who want to do an internship during the summer must complete TWO Application Forms (one for the Summer Program and one for the Internship). The deadline for the Summer Program Application is 3 May 2020, and the Internship Application deadline is 12 April. Students who are unable to meet the application deadline should contact email@example.com (Study Abroad Students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (External students)
Continuing Vesalius College Students
Continuing Vesalius College students will need to complete a registration form for the Summer Program, which is available from reception.
Study Abroad Students (Partner Institutions and Non-Partner Institutions)
The deadline for Study Abroad students to apply is 3 May 2020.
Internship (for Study Abroad Students)
If you wish to apply for an internship during the summer, you must submit a separate application form. The deadline for an internship application is 12 April.
To be eligible, you must be enrolled in an undergraduate programme and posess good command of the English language. Admission is decided on a case-by-case basis.
The deadline to apply is 3 May 2020.
Admission to the Summer Program does not constitute admission to Vesalius College as a regular student for either the fall or spring semesters. Vesalius College reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet the minimum enrolment numbers.
Vesalius College will provisionally reserve a place for new students in the courses indicated on their application form. If new students do not confirm their place(s) by registering during the first week of classes, their registration will automatically be canceled.
- For Vesalius students, including study abroad, the tuition fee per course (6 ECTS) is 1260€
- For non-Vesalius students, the tuition fee per course is 1500€.
If you are a study abroad officer from a partner university, please contact email@example.com to learn more about discounts available to your students.