The University of Oxford is pleased to offer this preparatory course for new international students. The six-week intensive programme is designed to provide the necessary academic language and literacy skills to succeed in the English-speaking university environment. Its focus on written and spoken academic communication prepares you to perform at a high level from the very beginning of your degree course.
- Course name: Summer Pre-Sessional Academic English Course
- Length: a 6-week intensive course
- Dates: 5 August to 13 September 2019
- Hours per week: 20 hours of tuition per week
- Price: £3,250 including all excursions
Why apply for the Pre-sessional?
The Pre-Sessional Course is a full-time intensive course, geared towards improving the academic language and literacy of students in a compressed time-frame. It provides an opportunity to meet and connect with people from around the world, learn about British culture and visit places of interest in and around Oxford. This helps you integrate into University life quickly and effectively.
The Pre-sessional course will help you:
- Write academic English for different audiences and purposes
- Understand grammatical aspects of language that pose difficulty for non-native writers
- Read more effectively, with increased efficiency and speed
- Speak academic English in presentations, seminars and tutorials
- Improve your pronunciation
- Learn effectively from lectures
- Develop academic study skills such as searching for information and referencing sources
- Focus on tasks relevant to your discipline
- Become aware of your strengths and weaknesses and learn independently
- Develop critical thinking
- Become aware of the culture of your discipline
- Understand the culture of the University
The University of Oxford Language Centre is happy to advise you on suitable accommodation for the length of your course. The course includes all materials and course books and a number of excursions to places of interest.
Program taught in:
See 1 more programs offered by University of Oxford »
Last updated February 11, 2019
This course is
including all excursions
Aug 5, 2019
Aug 22, 2019
Sep 13, 2019