Summer Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Course in California
- S1 ENGRMAE 57 Manufacturing Processes in Engineering 2
- S1 ENGRMAE 130A Introduction to Fluid Mechanics 4
- S10 ENGRMAE 52 Computer-Aided Design 4
- S10 ENGRMAE 115 Applied Engineering Thermodynamics 4
- S10 ENGRMAE 150 Mechanics of Structures 4
- S10 ENGRMAE 150L Mechanics of Structures Laboratory 1
- S10 ENGRMAE 156 Mechanical Behavior and Design Principles 4
- S10 ENGRMAE 170 Introduction to Control Systems 4
- S2 ENGRMAE 10 Introduction to Engineering Computations 4
- S2 ENGRMAE 120 Heat and Mass Transfer 4
- S2 ENGRMAE 130B Introduction to Viscous and Compressible Flows 4
Why Study at UCI?
UC Irvine combines the strengths of a large, dynamic research university with the friendly feel of a small college, and incredible bounty of an incomparable Southern California location. Summer Session offers over 800 courses in 70 academic disciplines. Students will take courses led by world-renowned faculty and live and study with American students. As a visiting student, you have the option to choose courses that will help you fulfill degree requirements at your home university or courses just for interest.
This is your summer to grow academically. Students are encouraged to meet with professors and strike up a conversation – some students have been offered opportunities to assist in research on campus. There are many academic resources available on campus to help you with your learning needs, including peer tutors, 5 expansive research libraries, and 6 computer labs with over 400 PCs and Macs.
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Apply to UCI Summer Session online or by downloading the paper application
- Our team reviews and processes your application
- UCI Summer Session sends your acceptance letter and I-20
- Complete Housing Contract
- Use your I-20 to apply for a visa
- interview for an F-1 student visa
- UCI Summer Session sends you
- Pre-Departure Materials
- Purchase your flights
- Depart for California!
Expenses vary with the length of your stay. This chart represents the estimated cost of taking two courses (4 units each) during one of the Summer Sessions (six weeks).
*Prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change.
- Enrolment Fee: $750
- Campus Fee: $279
- Course Fee ($351 per unit): $2808
- UCI Health Insurance: $250
- Housing: $1299
Approximate Cost: $5,386
International (non-immigrant) students coming from abroad are required to have valid visas to enter the U.S. Most international students enrolling in Summer Session will obtain an F-1 student visa. UCI Summer Session, in collaboration with UCI Extension, will issue the documentation necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once you have arrived, immigration advisors will be available to assist with travel, medical issues, or any questions regarding your legal status in the U.S.
After completing your courses, you can obtain an official UCI transcript as proof of your academic participation. This transcript can be added to your Resume/CV or used for future applications to graduate schools in the U.S. or internationally.
Program taught in: