Summer Economics Courses in California
- S1 ECON 13 Global Economy
- S1 ECON 15A Probability and Statistics in Economics I
- S1 ECON 15B Probability and Statistics in Economics II
- S1 ECON 25 The Economics of Accounting Decisions
- S1 ECON 100A Intermediate Economics I
- S1 ECON 100B Intermediate Economics II
- S1 ECON 100C Intermediate Economics III
- S1 ECON 122A Applied Econometrics I
- S1 ECON 122A Applied Econometrics II
- S1 ECON 132A Introduction to Financial Investments
- S1 ECON 134A Corporate Finance
- S1 ECON 149W Cultural Economics
- S1 ECON 161A Money and Banking
- S2 ECON 13 Global Economy
- S2 ECON 15A Probability and Statistics in Economics I
- S2 ECON 15B Probability and Statistics in Economics II
- S2 ECON 20A Basic Economics I
- S2 ECON 25 The Economics of Accounting Decisions
- S2 ECON 100A Intermediate Economics I
- S2 ECON 100B Intermediate Economics II
- S2 ECON 100C Intermediate Economics III
- S2 ECON 116A Game Theory I
- S2 ECON 122A Applied Econometrics I
- S2 ECON 122B Applied Econometrics II
- S2 ECON 135 Mathematics of Finance
- S2 ECON 140 Managerial Economics
- S2 ECON 157 Economic Development
- S2 ECON 167 International Trade and Commercial Policy
Why Study at UCI?
UC Irvine combines the strengths of a large, dynamic research university with the friendly feel of a small college, and incredible bounty of an incomparable Southern California location. Summer Session offers over 800 courses in 70 academic disciplines. Students will take courses led by world-renowned faculty and live and study with American students. As a visiting student, you have the option to choose courses that will help you fulfill degree requirements at your home university or courses just for interest.
This is your summer to grow academically. Students are encouraged to meet with professors and strike up a conversation – some students have been offered opportunities to assist in research on campus. There are many academic resources available on campus to help you with your learning needs, including peer tutors, 5 expansive research libraries, and 6 computer labs with over 400 PCs and Macs.
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Apply to UCI Summer Session online or by downloading the paper application
- Our team reviews and processes your application
- UCI Summer Session sends your acceptance letter and I-20
- Complete Housing Contract
- Use your I-20 to apply for a visa
- Interview for an F-1 student visa
- UCI Summer Session sends you
- Pre-Departure Materials
- Purchase your flights
- Depart for California!
Expenses vary with the length of your stay. This chart represents the estimated cost of taking two courses (4 units each) during one of the Summer Sessions (six weeks). *Prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change.
- Enrolment Fee: $750
- Campus Fee: $279
- Course Fee ($351 per unit): $2808
- UCI Health Insurance: $250
- Housing: $1299
Approximate Cost: $5,386
International (non-immigrant) students coming from abroad are required to have valid visas to enter the U.S. Most international students enrolling in Summer Session will obtain an F-1 student visa. UCI Summer Session, in collaboration with UCI Extension, will issue the documentation necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once you have arrived, immigration advisors will be available to assist with travel, medical issues, or any questions regarding your legal status in the U.S.
After completing your courses, you can obtain an official UCI transcript as proof of your academic participation. This transcript can be added to your Resume/CV or used for future applications to graduate schools in the U.S. or internationally.
Program taught in: