This course is specifically designed to provide participants with a clear overview of the fashion and luxury industry along with its current challenges. It is integrated into a set of complementary short modules with the right mix of theory and practice in order to actively engage participants. All topics will be taught with an international perspective in mind. This course is aimed at participants willing to further study or start a career in the fashion & luxury industry as well as at anyone who wants to know more about this fascinating industry.
- Understand the specificities of the fashion & luxury industry, its structure, the main functions and roles at stake.
- Develop a solid grounding in the theoretical and practical issues relevant to fashion & luxury organizations.
- Understand the roles and challenges of each function in the fashion & luxury cycle.
- Develop an international perspective on the new dynamics between mature and developing countries.
Transversal project that will encompass all new knowledge learned during the course. The topic of the project will be chosen between one of these 3 topics: Brand repositioning, Re-launch of old brand, Launch of new product line of an existing brand.
- Fashion & Luxury Panorama – 6 hours
- Fashion & Luxury Consumer Behavior – 6 hours
- Fashion & Luxury Branding / Communication – 12 hours
- Fashion & Luxury Visual Merchandising – 9 hours
- E-Commerce for Fashion & Luxury – 9 hours
- Fashion & Luxury Retail Management – 9 hours
- Design Management – 9 hours
For info, please see https://www.ifaparis.com/courses/summer/fashion-luxury-business
About the School
The Paris Fashion School for Design and Business. In the words of Suzy Menkes, IFA Paris is where to “Learn the French way of seeing fashion as art.” (HERALD TRIBUNE, JUNE 2004)