This program focuses on the basic skills and methodologies employed in developing and producing successful events specifically for the fashion industry. Students are expected to work outside of class in small groups and individually both for regular assignments as well as the final project.
They will learn how to merge the use of public relation strategies, fashion communication and event planning in order to stage an actual fashion event as their final project for a partner company.
This course affords students the possibility to take advantage of Florence as a historical city of design and fashion that has reinvented itself over the centuries and that in an age of globalization has a relevant role in the world of haute couture/fashion.
The summer program in Fashion Events and Public Relations develops the essential skills and techniques to create and design professional fashion events. Students will learn how to merge the use of public relation strategies, fashion communication and event planning in order to stage an actual fashion event as their final project for a partner company.
Schedule: From Monday to Thursday on a full time basis (morning and afternoon). The course has a duration of 75 hours spread over 3 weeks.
Level and prerequisites: This program is designed for people interested in the world of fashion communication, in particular in fashion events and PR for fashion business. People with no prior knowledge or experience in the discipline. Skills such as fashion trends setting or sketching can be useful even if not mandatory. Applicants need to show strong motivation and the ability to work in groups. This is a basic course so no previous studies within the field are required.
- Implementation of problem solving skills, working within a budget, team work, group conceptualization with through role-playing exercises and workplace simulations.
- Expose students to public relations professionals and through site visits to media events and guest lectures.
- Develop a mastery of fashion communication techniques and production of press releases and invites.
- Design and execution of a fashion public relation event in Florence.
- Application of fashion event management principles as part of the pre and post-production stages as part of the class final project.
- Experience working as part of a multinational student team effort in order to plan and execute the final project event.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2017