THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
Fashion Design Research is a one month intensive Summer Course that leads students through a creative methodology to open a different perspective and vision of creating a collection.
It is a course to have a vibrating brushstroke of how to discover your own creative universe through a very specific methodology to arrive at an unexpected and surprising result. Having in mind a very fashionable and couture point of view, because most of the team is working for renamed Couture Houses in Paris, such as Rick Owens, Céline, Dior, Acne, Saint Laurent, Balmain.
The disposal of an expense and rich research using a practical methodology including work in groups, mystery trips, preparing a personal print for your final garment, using the world of the sketchbook as a very important tool and very specific research to create a collection with the option of having a unique garment in 3D.
General objectives of the course
- Generate curiosity for each own creative universe.
- To teach an expense creative methodology to enrich each research arriving at the unusual.
- To provide knowledge about fashion tools such as the sketchbook, to know how to order the ideas in a professional way.
- To teach through the amazing world of prints a very personal and playful print to include in the collection.
- To give independence to the students to create through technics such as draping (moulage) a final garment.
The course provides the opportunity to discover each own creative universe, which makes us distinct and unique among the rest, through different methods and exercises. There will also be a mystery trip, in order to broaden the research.
Moulage is put into practice with an easy-going, method-based approach, setting the foundations of your own collection, enriching research with prints and embroidery.
With special emphasis on creating a personal, unique, yet professional collection, some exercises are developed on teams, as luxury fashion emerges from teamwork, blending all elements to enrich the final garment.
This course is for professionals or students of several fields related to design interested in obtaining an approach to the fashion research processes. It’s also open to curious people fascinated by the fashion field and ready to live a unique experience.
Students must provide the following information:
- Copy of DNI (Spanish students) or passport (foreign students).
- Copy of university degree (bachelor’s, degree or equivalent).
- Letter of motivation in the language of the Master’s degree course.
- A CV in the language of the Master’s degree course specifying language and IT skills.
- Language certificate: Courses in English require an intermediate level, corresponding to TOEFL or IELTS 6.5. Courses in Spanish require a B2 language level. If a prospective student has neither of these certificates, his or her language skills will be assessed in a face-to-face interview or via a Skype call.
- Portfolio for creative Master’s degree courses and/or admission exercise if required.
The introductory nature of the course favors the use and adaptation of its content to various professional opportunities according to the profile and prior experience of the students.
Bachelor in Advertising. Fashion Design in Barcelona. Intensive Master in Fashion Design IFM (Institut Français de la Mode). After some experience in several brands in Paris (such as Alexis Marilee and Steffie Christiaens), he decided with a Daniel Lierah to create Martinez Lierah winning in 2013 Best Collection in 080 Barcelona Fashion Week. After having the opportunity to commercialize their brand worldwide they decided to take more experience in Paris. Working nowadays in a Paris based Studio with brands such as Céline, Dior, Acne Studios, Mugler, Saint Laurent, Balmain and Haute couture ones like Ralph and Russo or Stéphane Rolland, he got the savior faire of fashion luxury brands. Also since 3 years teaching at BA Fashion Design and at Fashion Design Degree.
Bachelor of Fashion Design in Mexico and studying several courses at IED Barcelona. Intensive Master in Fashion Design IFM (Institut Français de la Mode). After that, he and Arturo Martínez create Martinez Lierah winning in 2013 Best Collection in 080 Barcelona Fashion Week. After having the opportunity to commercialize their brand worldwide they decided to take more experience in Paris. Working nowadays in Rick Owens as Operational Manager France he got the real taste and experience of one of the rarest luxury brands. Also since 3 years teaching at BA Fashion Design and at Fashion Design Degree.
Duration and frequency
- Start: July 1st, 2019
- Timetable: full time
- Frequency: 4 weeks