Cycle 2 invites to reflect on the concepts of modernity and postmodernity in the fields of literature, philosophy, the visual arts, and politics.
- The French Novel in the Twentieth Century, from modernity to postmodernity
Catherine Helbert, French literature, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Sorbonne Université
- The transformation of modern societiesLouis Dupont, geography, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Sorbonne Université
- How French became modern - 1850-1968Arnaud Houte, history, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Sorbonne Université
- Modernities and postmodernities in the visual artsArnaud Maillet, art history, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Sorbonne Université
- Modernity in philosophy: what is a subject?
Jean-Cassien Billier, philosophy, Faculty of Arts & Humanities Sorbonne Université
Dates and schedule
Duration: one week
- Week 2: From the 13th until the 17th of July 2020
- Week 3: From the 20th until the 24th of July 2020
From 9.30 am until 12.30 pm
|Enrolment before 29/02/20||Enrolment before 30/04/20||Enrolment after 01/05/20|
Former Université d'été participants
|€270||303,75 €||337,50 €|
Staff and students enrolled at Sorbonne Université 2019/2020 * **
Jobseekers, retirees and people with disabilities *
* On presentation of proof
** (Université Paris-Sorbonne, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Université de technologie de Compiègne, ESPE, INSEAD et Celsa)
About the School
The Summer University offers several cycles, in French and in English, taught by academics from the Sorbonne Université cluster.