- Language course focusing on professional French
- company visits
- rich and varied sociocultural activities.
Participate in a total immersion experience to acquire or refine your writing and speaking skills in Business French, thereby increasing your opportunities in the international job market.
Immerse yourself in a program that revolves around the discovery of Montreal, the largest French-speaking city in North America, through a wide variety of cultural activities as well as numerous meetings with key economic players in Montreal and internationally: Hydro-Québec, Cirque Éloize, Radio-Canada, Moment Factory, La TOHU…
Be part of a Summer School geared towards a wide international student body, attending a program that promotes intercultural relationships and understanding that will all add up to a memorable experience.
Students, executives, professionnals…
Why Study French ?
- French, a language spoken around the world. French is spoken by more than 200 million people on the 5 continents.
- Forbes Magazine recently referred to a study conducted by the investment bank Natixis that suggests that by 2050, due to the fastest-growing economies of French-speaking Africa, French could be the most-spoken language in the world, ahead of English and even Mandarin.
- French brings an added value to your professional career. Mastering French can represent a major asset and will multiply your chances in today’s job market within your country of origin or internationally.
- French, the other language of international relations. Numerous international organizations use French as their official language: United Nations, European Union, UNESCO, NATO, among others.
- French, a language for thought and debate. French is a language that enables one to better structure one’s thoughts and put ideas into perspective, two qualities essential in the workplace.
Overview of the Business French Summer School
This Summer School is designed to address a wide audience (students, executives, professionals, etc.) and does not require any prior specific knowledge in business.
HEC Montréal is the only graduate school of management in North America to offer a Business French Summer School. Geared towards not only students but also professionals, this unique immersion program comprises the following aspects:
- Placement tests, oral and written, administered on Day 1 of the program
- Levels offered : from total Beginner (Level 1) to Intermediate/Advanced (Level 4)
- Class size : between 10 to 16 participants on average – Minimum age required : 18*
- *Except for students admitted in a graduating program of study at HEC Montréal
- Business French courses in the morning, focusing on the 4 language skills : writing, reading, listening and speaking
- Credited course* (3 credits). Course Certificate awarded upon successful completion of the program
- *For all the other participants, the transfer of credits will be subject to approbation of their university of origin if they still hold a student status.
- Interactive oral communication workshops in the afternoon, focusing on competencies and themes in connection with the business world
- Seminars and conferences in Marketing and Management on the theme of creativity: Establishing and managing small and medium-sized companies – Urban Marketing – Managing cultural organizations*
- *These seminars and conferences will be conducted in French and will be open to students in Levels 2 to 4. Participants who were placed at the Beginner level (Level 1) on Day 1 of the program will take part in extra communication workshops instead.
- Company visits: Prominent Montreal small and medium-sized companies – Socially-responsible companies – Hydro-Québec – Radio-Canada Broadcasting Corporation – Cirque Éloize – Moment Factory multimedia studio – La TOHU
- Socio-cultural and sports activities in the afternoon, conducted in French by our dynamic team of French-speaking guides
- Numerous optional activities, all accompanied in the evening by our team of French-speaking guides
|TRAINING AND ACTIVITIES||NUMBER OF HOURS|
|Induction Day – Day 1 – Written and oral placement tests||4|
|Business French course in the morning (Levels 1 to 4, depending on registration)||39|
|Exams preparation workshops.||6|
|Interactive oral communication workshops in the afternoon (Levels 1 to 4, depending on registration)||6|
|Seminars and conferences in Marketing and Management||6|
|Guided tour of Old Montreal – Day 1||2,30|
|Urban field trip to discover neighbourhoods in Montreal||4|
|Presentation of the photography contest « Montréal, ma réalité » and exhibition||9,30|
|Charity project with “Love Montréal” organization. This project will be carried out in French.||10|
|Information session about study programs offered at HEC Montréal||1|
|Afternoon outing to Parc Exalto, urban acrobatic park||4|
|Guided visit of Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art and art workshop.||2|
|Closing Ceremony and presentation of Course Certificates||1|
|Optional activities in the evening, all accompanied and conducted in French||±20|
|Total Number of Hours||135|
About the School
Founded in 1907, the École des hautes études commerciales de Montréal, better known today as HEC Montréal, was the first business school established in Canada. HEC Montréal was also the first universi ... Read More