Summer Academic English Course in California
Students who wish to work on their English language skills may elect to enroll in Academic English 29 courses as well as those students who do not meet the program's English language requirements. These courses will improve your English speaking, writing, and conversation skills.
- Advanced Conversation (2 units)
- Business English (2 units)
- Film, Media and American Culture (2 units)
- University Writing & Communication (4 units)
- Television, Culture, and Communication (2 units)
- American English and Culture through Short Stories (2 units)
Why Study at UCI?
The ultimate university experience awaits you this summer at the University of California, Irvine, recognized globally for its excellence in academics and research. Our ranking as 9th among the nation’s best public universities, according to the annual U.S. News & World Report, is a testament to the caliber of our academic reputation. UC Irvine combines the strengths of a large, dynamic research university with the friendly feel of a small college, and incredible bounty of an incomparable Southern California location.
This is your summer to grow academically. Students are encouraged to meet with professors and strike up a conversation. Our university's academic resources, such as peer tutors, 5 expansive research libraries, and 6 computer labs, will help you with your learning needs.
Step-by-Step Application Process
- Apply to UCI Summer Session online or by downloading the paper application starting March 1st.
- Our team reviews and processes your application
- UCI Summer Session sends your acceptance letter and I-20
- Complete Housing Contract
- Use your I-20 to apply for a visa
- interview for an F-1 student visa
- UCI Summer Session sends you
- Pre-Departure Materials
- Purchase your flights
- Depart for California!
Expenses vary with the length of your stay. This chart represents the estimated cost of taking two courses (4 units each) during one of the Summer Sessions (six weeks). *Prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change.
- Enrolment Fee: $750
- Campus Fee: $279
- Course Fee ($351 per unit): $2808
- UCI Health Insurance: $250
- Housing: $1299
Approximate Cost: $5,386
International (non-immigrant) students coming from abroad are required to have valid visas to enter the U.S. Most international students enrolling in Summer Session will obtain an F-1 student visa. UCI Summer Session, in collaboration with UCI Extension, will issue the documentation necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once you have arrived, immigration advisors will be available to assist with travel, medical issues, or any questions regarding your legal status in the U.S.
After completing your courses, you can obtain an official UCI transcript as proof of your academic participation. This transcript can be added to your Resume/CV or used for future applications to graduate schools in the U.S. or internationally.