Study Abroad with English is a long-term program that combines Academic English language study with the chance to experience undergraduate courses at Drew University. This unique program allows students to earn college credits in their field of interest without having to enroll in a long-term degree program.
With prior approval from a student's home university, the academic courses studied at Drew can earn credits toward an undergraduate degree in his or her home country. Earned credits may also be applied to a degree program at Drew pending admission.
The length of the Study Abroad program will vary depending on a student's needs. The program can be customized for different levels of English and for specific academic interests.
- Students will take English for Academic Purposes courses for 8 credit hours and two additional academic courses for an additional 8 credit hours.
- SAWE runs for a minimum of one semester and a maximum of one academic year.
- Students will study individually selected undergraduate courses at Drew alongside the US and other international students and can select courses from a wide variety of subjects in consultation with their academic advisors.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1 Semester
- Start dates: 2019: August 2020: January, August 2021: January
- Fees: From $20,340
- Award: After completion of the Study Abroad with English program at INTO New York at Drew, you will be able to: Achieve academic credit toward your undergraduate degree program in your home country (subject to home university approval) and compare US higher education to education in your home country.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required with an in-country equivalent of 2.5 GPA or better.
- English language requirements: From IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 60 or equivalent
- Age requirements: 16 years and above. Interview required
See 13 more programs offered by Drew University »
Last updated July 17, 2019
This course is