Strategic Management of Information Systems
- Course Code: IS101
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2725
Linking Systems to Strategy and the Organisation
- Brief overview of business strategy frameworks
- Brief overview of organisational strategies
- Social business lens: building a social business strategy
- Brief overview of information systems strategy
Information Systems Strategy: Architecture and Infrastructure
- From vision to implementation
- Architectural principles
- Enterprise architecture
- Virtualisation and cloud computing
- Social business lens: building social-mobile applications
Cost Recovery of Information Systems
- Organising to respond to business demand: a maturity model
- What a manager can expect from the IT organisation
- Chief Information Officer
- Social business lens: community management
- Building a business case
- IT portfolio management
- Valuing IT investments
- Monitoring IT investments
Governance of the Information Systems Organisation
- IT governance
- IT governance and security
- Social business lens: the consumerisation of technology
- Decision-making mechanisms
- Governance frameworks for control decisions
Business Analytics and Knowledge Management
- Knowledge management processes
- Business intelligence
- Components of business analytics
- Big data
- Social analytics
- Social business lens: social graphs
This BIS training is suitable for:
- Managers who wish to participate in information systems (IS) decisions.
- Current and future managers who wish to be introduced to the broader implications of the impact of IS.
- Contemporary managers who need to know about their organization’s capabilities and uses of information.
Upon completion of this CIO training course, you will be able to understand:
- The Information Systems Strategy Triangle framework for alignment of IS and the business.
- A framework for understanding the four components of IS architecture: hardware, software, networks, and data.
- The business of IT.
- IS organization, funding models, portfolios, and monitoring options.
- The governance of IS resources.
- Business intelligence, knowledge management, and analytics and an overview of how companies manage knowledge using business analytics.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 10, 2019
This course is
Nov 4, 2019
Jan 27, 2020
Nov 4, 2019
Jan 27, 2020
May 18, 2020
Sep 28, 2020