Strategic Analysis and Purpose training course
- Course Code: SM102A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2625
Analysing the Strategic Environment
- Exploring the competitive environment
- Strategic environment – the basics
- Degree of turbulence in the environment
- Analysing the general environment
- Analysing the stages of market growth
- Key factors for success in an industry
- Analysing the competitive industry environment – the contribution of Porter
- Analysing the co-operative environment
- Analysing one or more immediate competitors in depth
- Analysing the customer and market segmentation
Analysing Resources and Capabilities
- Why does an organisation possess any resources at all? The make-or-buy decision
- Resource analysis and adding value
- Adding-value: the value chain and the value system – the contribution of Porter
- Resource analysis and competitive advantage
- Identifying which resources and capabilities deliver sustainable competitive advantage
- Resource and capability analysis – improving competitive advantage
- Analysing other important company resources: especially human resources
- Developing a dynamic business framework
- The dynamics of an organisation’s changing and uncertain environment
- Dynamic strategies in fast-moving markets
- The dynamics of resource development
- Aggressive competitive strategies
- The dynamics of co-operation strategies
- Strategy dynamics using game theory
Prescriptive Purpose Delivered through Mission, Objectives and Ethics
- Shaping the purpose of the organisation
- Developing a strategic vision for the future
- Stakeholder power analysis
- Corporate governance and the purpose of the organisation
- Purpose shaped by ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Developing the mission
- Developing the objectives
Purpose Emerging from Knowledge, Technology and Innovation
- Understanding and measuring knowledge
- Knowledge creation and purpose
- Using technology to develop purpose and competitive advantage
- Innovation and purpose
- How to innovate: the ‘ideas’ process
This strategic training course is suitable for:
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments, and senior managers & executives involved in the development of strategic management.
- Those who wish to understand the basic concepts for identifying the future of their organizations with the new challenges and opportunities that may lead to substantial change.
- Those who wish to consider not only the rational approach to strategic decision making but also the creative aspects of such decisions.
- Those who wish to grasp the major intended and emergent initiatives that can be taken, involving the utilization of resources, to enhance the performance of their firms in their external environments.
Upon completion of this strategic thinking course, you will be able to understand:
- The strategic environment and why it is important.
- Key industry factors that help deliver the objectives of an organization.
- The main background areas to be analyzed.
- The strategic significance of market growth.
- How the more immediate influences of an organization are analyzed.
- How to analyze competitors.
- The role of co-operation in environmental analysis.
- How important the customer is.
- How resources and capabilities add value to an organization.
- The resources and capabilities that are particularly important in adding value and competitive advantage.
- The main ways in which resources and capabilities deliver competitive advantage.
- How competitive advantage can be enhanced.
- The other important resources an organization possesses, especially in the area of human resources.
- How strategic purpose changes and why.
- How to analyze the dynamics of the environment and its impact on competitive advantage.
- How to analyze fast-moving markets and resource changes.
- How to develop new aggressive competitive strategies.
- How to develop co-operative strategies, and use game theory.
- How purpose is shaped by the organization and its environment.
- The vision your organization has for its future.
- The mission and objectives of your organization.
- The relationship between purpose and the corporate governance of an organization.
- The role and approach to green strategy.
- Your organization’s views on ethics and corporate social responsibility, and its effect on purpose.
- The knowledge your organization possesses, how it can create and share knowledge, and the impact on its purpose.
- The strategic implications of new technologies, and how it can shape the purpose of an organization.
- How innovation can contribute to an organization’s purpose.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 10, 2019
This course is
Nov 4, 2019
Mar 16, 2020
Nov 4, 2019
Mar 16, 2020
July 27, 2020
Nov 16, 2020