Healthy cuisine is in vogue. Now more than ever. But apart from being healthy, people now want their cuisine to be gastronomic. Chefs are becoming eco-chefs, green chefs, chefs that endeavor to change the world based on healthy products, sustainability, and the environment...
Nutrition and diet are full of stigmas in a society that searches for trends, brands, names, concepts, fast diets and, above all, many miracles. In this postgraduate degree, we want to open up a new dimension in healthy cuisine as the focus of the food paradigm and culinary and gastronomic thought. We want to tear down the conceptual barriers of diets and find in ourselves an integration between healthy eating, lifestyle and products and how to cook them.
We will open up a new dimension to healthy cuisine as the focus of the food paradigm and culinary and gastronomic thought.
1. To teach students about the connection that has existed between science and food, nutrition and the transformation of cuisine since its origins.
2. To develop the related skills based on each of the ingredients now used in healthy cuisine. Obtain a broad knowledge of gastrobotany, the various culinary trends with a focus on the healthy world.
3. Learn to appreciate the differences in each and be able to develop broad knowledge to be able to determine the culinary results of each.
4. Come up with a scientific basis for various diets, from ancient times to the present day.
5. Nutrients, food, the energy of nutrition, balance through food, food philosophy, alchemy in the kitchen.
6. Food for an athlete, a baby, an elderly person, a diabetic, a person with celiac disease, etc.
7. Food for stress, anti-aging, antihistamines, etc.
8. Come up with a good basis for the various conditions and illnesses and their incorporation into a healthy diet for their culinary transformation in a restaurant.
9. Transversal axis to see the culinary transformation of different social actions such as health, poverty, social denouncement and social integration in cuisine.
At whom it is aimed
At chefs who wish to develop healthy cuisine based on a new way of thinking about diet and ways to prepare food, with a move towards integrated and current food and nutrition.
At chefs who want to work in hospitals, nursing homes, health resorts and restaurants that serve healthy dishes.
The first step for anyone who wants to develop a new, healthier restaurant concept.
For restaurant chefs who want to update their knowledge and skills on well-balanced and healthy haute cuisine, be familiar with the food trends for people with health conditions, allergies or food intolerances.
Requisites for admission
The 16 candidates accepted on this course tend to be individuals with a passion for the world of sweets.
1. Complete the admission form and submit documentation.
This process is completed online using this link.
2. Admission test and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Even though we will provide you with the simultaneous translation pilot system, some knowledge of Spanish would be useful. The admission test will give is an indication of your level and of your personality traits, willingness to work and creativity.
3. Interview with the program coordinator.
You will have a telematic interview with the program coordinator, who will assess your compatibility with the group and your contribution to the same.
4. Admissions Committee.
Your application will be sent to the Admissions Committee, which will make the final decision based on information received during the process.
5. Approval and reservation.
If the opinion is positive, you will be able to enroll by paying for a place booking. Welcome to CIB!
Program taught in: