The cutting-torch flame, the heat of an open barbecue, the cooking action of an oven-BBQ, open-air stoves and the art of smoking are different techniques and methods to handle the fire that require exquisite learning. However, vacuum cooking and low temperatures also open up a range of possibilities for our kitchens. The flame of a wood-burning oven or of a steam oven, the power of stoves or even of a microwave oven. It is not just how fire is used, but also the different temperatures used that offer us an extensive range of culinary sensibilities.
1. To learn about the connection of fire to food and the transformation of cuisine from its origins to the present day.
2. Develop related abilities on the basis of each food family. The cutting-up of meat or fish is an essential factor in successful transformation and cuisine, the texture of fruits and vegetables, knowledge of sauces and garnishes, etc.
3. To obtain a broad knowledge of new tools, containers, machinery, types of energy and a length, etc. in order to be able to prepare cuisine without horizons, from traditional cuisine to industrial cuisine, including healthy cuisine and low-temperature cuisine.
4. Learn the different types of blade and cutting implements. Control of and technique for using sharp-edged implements. Cutting technology and practice.
5. To obtain a global approach to different cooking techniques and the execution of each.
At whom it is aimed
At chefs who wish to specialize in hot dishes.
At chefs who want to change the direction of their restaurant and have it specialize.
At entrepreneurs in the catering sector.
Requisites for admission
The 16 candidates accepted on this course tend to be individuals with a passion for the culinary world. Applicants must have a qualification as a chef or at least three years’ experience as a chef in a professional kitchen.
1. Complete the admission form and submit documentation.
This process is completed online using this link.
2. Admission test and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Even though we will provide you with the simultaneous translation pilot system, some knowledge of Spanish would be useful. The admission test will give is an indication of your level and of your personality traits, willingness to work and creativity.
3. Interview with the program coordinator.
You will have a telematic interview with the program coordinator, who will assess your compatibility with the group and your contribution to the same.
4. Admissions Committee.
Your application will be sent to the Admissions Committee, which will make the final decision based on information received during the process.
5. Approval and reservation.
If the opinion is positive, you will be able to enroll by paying for a place booking. Welcome to CIB!