Considered the food of the gods, chocolate never leaves anyone unmoved. It raises passions, and there is always room for it. Much more than a bar of chocolate, cocoa is the living story of civilization and of the development of many cultures. For this reason, at the CIB we want you to discover the passion for the brown gold of the kitchen and confectionery production.
This course is designed for chefs and professional confectioners who want to deepen their knowledge and acquire a broad vision of the possibilities of this sought-after ingredient, from its origins to the culinary vanguard and the transformations offered by cocoa, providing students with new knowledge and new techniques to implement in their kitchens.
1. To train professionals to have a solid specialization in chocolate.
2. To know chocolate starting from its raw material: cocoa. To provide students with a solid base on the different types of cocoa grown around the world, a sensoral analysis and teach students how to make chocolate from cocoa beans.
3. To offer a better understanding of the levels of quality of cocoa that exist in the world market and the impact of the choice of each type of cocoa on the flavor of chocolate as a result of its origin.
4. Enable students to develop practical skills in chocolate processing, in order to be able to make all types of products. Ranging from working chocolate in masses, sponges and paste to the creation of bonbons, ice creams, sweets and decorative prices, among others.
5. To obtain a broad knowledge of new tools, containers, and machinery in order to be able to develop confectionery without limitations, from the restaurant to a confectionery company.
6. To obtain a global approach in the various techniques for working chocolate and the execution of each. The course also aims to help students acquire a culinary culture for cocoa or chocolate in salty dishes.
At whom it is aimed
At chefs and confectioners who want to specialize in the art of chocolate.
At lovers of confectionery who want to open a business specializing in chocolate.
Requisites for admission
The 16 candidates accepted on this course tend to be individuals with a passion for the world of sweets.
1. Complete the admission form and submit documentation.
This process is completed online using this link.
2. Admission test and level of Spanish language proficiency.
Even though we will provide you with the simultaneous translation pilot system, some knowledge of Spanish would be useful. The admission test will give is an indication of your level and of your personality traits, willingness to work and creativity.
3. Interview with the program coordinator.
You will have a telematic interview with the program coordinator, who will assess your compatibility with the group and your contribution to the same.
4. Admissions Committee.
Your application will be sent to the Admissions Committee, which will make the final decision based on information received during the process.
5. Approval and reservation.
If the opinion is positive, you will be able to enroll by paying for a place booking. Welcome to CIB!
About the School
The Culinary Institute of Barcelona is designed so that you have a unique and unrepeatable experience based on multiculturalism, creativity and innovation.