This is an opportunity to improve your Spanish and to learn Spanish cookery in Murcia. In this one or two-week Spanish course we combine our intensive language course with cooking off-hands lessons, activities and interesting in-site visits. You will also visit several homes where a real Spanish host will show you local recipes and secrets about Spanish cooking. Murcian cuisine is a very important part of the world famous Mediterranean diet and Murcia is known for its delicious and varied "tapas". Here, you can find fresh fish and seafood from the Murcian coast and the Mar Menor, the great olive oil, the best fruit in the east side and the basic natural ingredients of our national gastronomy. This course will be taught in our premises as well as in LIZARRÁN, a well-known local tapas bar.
- Spanish cuisine.
- The Murcian cuisine. Introducing local food & drink gastronomy.
- The Mediterranean diet.
- Current trends & practices in Spanish cuisine.
- Basic knowledge of new cooking techniques.
- Typical & traditional recipes from Spanish and Murcian cuisine.
- Technical vocabulary in gastronomy.
- Health regulations in the kitchen.
One week programme
- 15 Spanish lessons (max. 9 students per classroom)
- 10 cooking classes (max. 5 students per course)
- 5 meals with a Spanish & English speaker IH Murcia member
- Visit to local markets: fruits & veggies and pork products making
- Guided visit to CASA ERMITA vineyard & wine producing. Wine tasting included.
- Guided visit to OLIMENDROS, olive oil press and bottling company.
- Spanish & English speaker Instituto Hispanico de Murcia member at all times.
- Dates: every Monday.
- Length: 1 or 2 weeks.
- Number of lessons: Intensive Spanish 15/ week + cooking lessons and activities.
- Levels: from B1 to advanced C2.
- Participants: from 1 to 5.
- Small group size.
- Timetable: Spanish lessons from 10,00 h to 12,30 h (subject to variation) + activities
- Half board (breakfast & dinner) single room host family accommodation included.
- Transportation by taxi to oil press and vineyard companies included.
See 5 more programs offered by Instituto Hispanico de Murcia »
This course is