An amazing soundtrack can be an integral part of a good television or film production. Be at the forefront of this industry with the Sound Recording program at Trebas Institute, a program designed to teach you how to capture and mix audio, as well as design and set up a professional home or project studio.
Our instructors are constantly working to update the program to keep you at the cutting edge of the industry. Additionally, our team is trained in state-of-the-art recording and editing equipment to help you thrive in any aspect of today’s modern recording industry.
Skills and competencies
- Studio recording techniques (microphone, working with recording consoles, outboard gear, etc.)
- Mixing (editing, processing, and adding effects to tracks and then combining them to create stereo or surround sound formats)
- Mastering (the process of creating the final mix of a recording session)
- Set up a professional recording studio
- Audio recording for film and video applications
- Assess the acoustics of a room or studio
- Music theory and ear training
- Maintain and perform basic repairs on commonly-used audio equipment
- Effectively navigate the music and audio industries
- Understand and implement career development activities
Employability and career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Audio equipment buyer
- Mastering technician
- Mixing technician
- Recording studio owner/manager
- Recording studio technician
Under the provisions of section 4 of the College Education Regulations concerning the conditions of admission, a person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the college and meets any of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation of College Studies:
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies or pursued full-time postsecondary studies for at least 2 consecutive terms or 1 school year;
- The person is covered by an agreement entered into between the college and an employer or by a government program of studies;
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies for one term and pursued full-time postsecondary studies for one term; or
- The person holds a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS/DEP).
All applications for admission must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 CAD and Admission fee of $200 CAD
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcript or diploma:
- Issued by MES (Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur), if a student in Quebec
- Issued by the province or territory, if a student outside Quebec
- Issued by the institution or state, if an international student
Any official documents issued outside Quebec must be a certified copy or the original. Documents written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation.
About the School
Since 1979, Trebas Institute has been training the talent of the future by providing a range of music, film, business, technology, and even management programs for students with aspirations of becomin ... Read More