If you love the science of sound and mixing, manipulating and mastering music in recording studios and live venues, then this Level 3 Sound Engineering course is the perfect way to develop your skills for creative work or university.
THE SCIENCE OF SOUND
Develop your understanding of how sound and acoustics work.
Gain skills in recording from studio design through to miking, mixing and mastering.
Work in a variety of live sound environments, setting up PA and monitors and mastering the art of live mixing.
DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS
Get the skills to promote yourself in the industry.
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing the Sound Engineering Level 3 course will give you the skills to go on to university or into creative work.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Sound Engineering course can lead onto:
- A creative degree at university, where you can gain further skills in preparation for work. This may be a sound engineering or music technology degree or another subject which takes your fancy. You will need to complete both years of the course in order to generate the UCAS points for university entry. Access is developing a new range of creative degrees which will offer perfect progression with a FdSc in Audio & Music Technology.
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries. This may be as a studio or live sound engineer or it may be into another area of the music or creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the music and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- EVENTS: You’ll have unique opportunities to showcase your work. These range from a local gig to the chance to perform on a festival stage at events such as Latitude organized by partner, Festival Republic.
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses from pro sound engineers and producers.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
- FOCUSRITE: Access is proud of its partnership with Focusrite. You will have the chance to get your hands on over £500 of FREE Focusrite audio plug-ins, supported by special Focusrite workshops.
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- Two-year RSL Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners. This can generate up to 168 UCAS points on the 2017 tariff.
- Please note these UCAS points are for a Distinction* and lower grades generate considerably fewer points.
- The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels or a BTEC Level 3 Diploma.
DURATION & FEES
- The Sound Engineering Level 3 course lasts for two years.
- It is usually delivered over three to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and Maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 16-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Sound Engineering course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Sound Engineering course then you will have to pay £4800 per year. However, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of this course. You will only have to repay the loan when you start to earn over £25,000 per year.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SIGNING UP
Applying for this Sound Engineering course is easy.
All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 3 (A Level standard). For school leavers, we will require evidence of your predicted and actual grades, backed up by a school reference. This Sound Engineering course is for more experienced sound engineers with more knowledge of live and recorded sound. You should already be familiar with aspects of live and studio sound and be aware of at least one or two software platforms such as Logic Pro or Pro Tools. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an interview where you will be expected to give a demonstration, or discuss, your skills in using a mixing desk/live sound equipment and/or a discussion of your skills and experience to date.
See 9 more programs offered by Access Creative College »
This course is
per year, if you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018. Free for 16-18 years old students.